Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3" 686+ is one of my favorites and I would use it for every day carry but for the fact it's too shiny. I wish S&W would make a 3" round butt 586. I think that'd be a great carry piece.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Are they not still offering the Lcomp or is it just not a favorite flavor. I know there is one on my local armsilist but they are asking near $1000 with a few extras. I had one ages ago but didnt care for the porting

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
My 3" 686+ is one of my favorites and I would use it for every day carry but for the fact it's too shiny. I wish S&W would make a 3" round butt 586. I think that'd be a great carry piece.
Maybe you could send it off and have it bead blasted to dull the shine?

Reactions: Bob K and Boriqua

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The L- Comp is not my cup o'tea. Just a plain Jane six shot 586 maybe even with an HP matte finish.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The 3" barrel is my favorite length, I think they would do well making more of them also!
It's amazing to me how much easier it is to carry my 3"686 over a 4" GP. You wouldn't think that inch would make that much a difference but using the same holster for both ... the 3" is far easier to bring into play. I am not the tallest guy so maybe were I taller it wouldn't matter but I find the 1" makes a huge difference

·
Registered
19,639 Posts
I have had a S&W Bead Blast refinish on my M-67, when they rebuilt it. It's glossy finish was scratched up some from years of shooting and holstering. Now ....... I don't shoot it much. BUT......it looks a lot better. ;) Bob

·
Registered
12,228 Posts
It's amazing to me how much easier it is to carry my 3"686 over a 4" GP. You wouldn't think that inch would make that much a difference but using the same holster for both ... the 3" is far easier to bring into play. I am not the tallest guy so maybe were I taller it wouldn't matter but I find the 1" makes a huge difference
That's what she said..... :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts