Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
While I do not have an M&P, I do have an all stainless 4 1/4" S&W in 45.
It quickly became my favorite 45 ACP

·
Registered
429 Posts
Welcome to the forum ajp.

I don't have a 45 or have any experience in the 45 model. I do have the 40c and really like it. I have a couple hundred rounds through it w/o any probs and I carry it everyday.

Dave

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Admittedly I have not fired one, but a friend of mine carries one as an issued on duty weapon. It feels really good in my hand, and points very naturally for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That was the one I originally wanted to buy. They apparently were not on the shelves yet back in March when I had money to burn. I bought a full sized 45 instead and have been happy with it. I've been a Glock guy for a long time and found the best feature the M&P offers over the Glock is a trigger that does not have a trigger safety riding in the middle of the face that causes a blister to start forming the longer you shoot. Mine has had about 1300 rounds thru it with no malfunctions of any kind. The only issue I've had was the rear rolled pin started to work its way out. I sent it back to the factory for warranty repair and got it back a week later. I've fired almost 500 thru it since getting it back and it works fine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
There are 3 or 4 M&P 45acp's shooting our IDPA matches with good success. I have a 9L and it's a good competition gun. 45's I always preferred and owned 1911's but from my 9mm M&P experience I suspect I would shoot better with the M&P Ergonomics are much better then a Goverment model.

Boats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts