Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever buys this makes the Check out to Dan Miegs....Our pal Dan M. who has just had enough on his plate this year...

I'm selling this for $5 dollars plus(shipping). That is the bottom line on the item. This is not an auction....in any way.

Vintage military WWII 1911 Holster..not a reproduction. Marked US front and back. Stamped Warren Leather Goods and made in 1944 $5 plus shipping

But I am unsure of how much it will cost to ship it to you. ;) Shipping costs being what they are, who could possibly figure out how much I should anticipate in getting the item to you....

I'm sure many of you would love to have this antique WWII U.S Military holster for your future Remington Rand 1911...

So I'm hoping that lots of you want this holster, and folks will figures out their own shipping charges to make sure it arrives all safe and sound ...because I'll know they want it packaged, insured, and sent by the best possible carrier since the Pony Express... :mrgreen:

So, I hope you guys trust me in this. I figure that it is sooooo valuable that the person that figures the highest shipping and handling charge will be willing to pay for that service.

Anyrate, the check isn't going to be made out to me...So I figure that adds to the confusion....and I know confusion might cause the price of the shipping to go even higher. So you guys need to cover that expense...

Once again the price of the holster is set at Five Bucks...that's written in stone. Whoever figures they have the highest shipping cost to cover the way they want it shipped, will get it....as I am not smart enough to figure out those costs..... ;)

giz

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Heck I'll give five bucks for it but I think it will take at least $50 to ship it. The way postage is these days. Maybe someone else can help with the shipping too??!! ;) ;)

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris, what are you thinking...

It couldn't possibly cost just $50 to ship that all the way down the mid-atlantic. I'm guessin you under the money. I know that it would be more in shipping to get it there. So I'm going to match that amount myself. I figure it's at least gonna cost a hundred bucks to get that to you....

Let's see, you bought it for 5 bucks, hmmmm...then said you'd pay another $50 bucks to get it there.
OK, I'll toss in another $50 bucks just to make sure it arrives safely..... ;)

I get so confused about this whole shipping thing. Why I've had stuff go half way around the world and come back again...

You guys think Chris and I have this covered? I wanta make sure there is enough money to cover the cost of Shipping the item. Any an all additional money will have to cover the shipping costs.

Course all those checks to add to the shipping costs will also have to be made out to Dan M.... ;)

giz

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
C'mon guys, let's see if we can get it at least halfway to S.C.. ;)

I'll add enough to maybe get it to Chicopee, Mass. :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Where do we send to cost of shipping checks made out to Dan?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Remington Rand and would like to have the holster, but shipping to Tulsa may be more than the holster is worth
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,419 Posts
okyite said:
I have a Remington Rand and would like to have the holster, but shipping to Tulsa may be more than the holster is worth
Thanks
Okyite, this was done as a fundraiser for a member who's house had burned to the ground. The tongue-in-cheek talk about shipping costs was what was going to be contributed to the cause.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forester has it right ;)

The listing was in jest, but the goodwill was heartfelt. Dan is still getting his sea-legs...but several members of the forum have pitched in, to help him get his bearin's....

It's all good...

giz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts