Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son once attempted to embrace a Red Dot hand gun, but with no established training/qualification policies established, plus he destroyed his knee on the job and was off for 10 months, he sold it to a long time partner. Fast forward to current times and everyone on his squad have now bought Red Dot mounted pistols, simply awaiting the approved training/qualification sessions expected in the next several weeks. The new hardware owners have been told not to practice, because it's a new way of shooting, the instructors want to start them from scratch and not come into the game with existing bad habits. I told my son that I doubt I'd be able to do such a thing, throwing away decades of ingrained training, which he noted and I'm happy to hear; "I'll decide after the training, if it doesn't work for me, I'll go old school"...YES! I realize it's the way of the future and I truly do hope my boy picks it up quick, but dang it makes an already worried dad to add on maybe, 1000 more potential things that can go wrong and will pass through my open eyes in bed during the middle of the night, choosing worry over peaceful sleep. Oh well, at least tomorrow night Mama and I will have his almost 7 year old girl and another nearly 16 year old grandgal for a sleep over, my wife and the girls will likely be so busy I'll be completely invisible, except when I pay for the pizza, but it's all good with me! :) Take a look at what might well enter into the battle of the streets.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I’ve been using Burris Fastfire 3s for a good while. The muscle memory kicks in pretty quick and you can have the dot on target just as quick as iron sights. I’ve shot some mid 3 second times on our Texas star at the club using one. Like anything when it comes to shooting.....practice practice practice. I’m sure with a little work he will be the guy on the force that everyone tries to beat.

·
Registered
19,399 Posts
No 'Smart Gun"? I'm surprised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts