Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this case, a pepper ball rifle. My son is currently undergoing full certification and this is now issued to him. The class work and scenario training continues this week and next, but he's already passed the range qualification. These are like paint ball guns on steroids, yet deliver a ball of noxious pepper spray gas rapidly and in great quantity if needed. He's used earlier versions in the past, but they weren't like this and now he's certified. The problem is he's also the squad's primary lethal rifle operator, so this baby might not see a whole lot of time, but if the situation dictates and allows, I'm sure he'll be excited and ready to deploy!

Product Building Automotive exterior Engineering Bumper

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
15,188 Posts
A few years ago the History channel had a show about non-lethal weapons. The ones like in your picture probably contain pepper powder. When they hit they break, and produce a small cloud of dust. They said that police will sometimes use hairspray on the perps powdery clothes to keep the pepper dust from dispersing off the guys clothing. Some outfits were experimenting with projectiles containing a noxious substance that smells like rotten fish and feces. Sounds good if you want everyone puking.

·
Registered
24,341 Posts
So, how long does that thing take to deploy vis a vis his Glock service pistol? How many cops might die trying ti deploy this?

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, how long does that thing take to deploy vis a vis his Glock service pistol? How many cops might die trying ti deploy this?
Its not expected to be a replacement for a street-cop/patrol officer/detective's service hand gun. In fact, at least in my son's agency, these aren't assigned to patrol, but to specialty squads that generally do proactive policing and warrant service, where they have the opportunity (hopefully) to plan their interaction with the criminal element, that's where the non-lethal options come into play. Don't get me wrong, he runs into kinetic situations constantly and his sidearm is the go-to, that will not end, but given time to extend certain situations enough where lethality can possibly be avoided, it's a good thing in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
My locksmith/safe supplier called me and said stop by I want to show you a new pepper ball pistol! I think he quoted about $300.i haven't seen it yet but saw a video of some company demonstrating it on themselves. Pretty debilitating.

·
Registered
18,757 Posts
I use pepper on everything I eat..........

·
Registered
24,341 Posts
I use pepper on everything I eat..........
I grow my own hot peppers; last basch of Thai and Ghosts were HOT; have to be careful cooking, even when dried and ground as you WILL start coughtling like crazy.

·
Registered
18,757 Posts
I only grow sweet (green and orange) peppers and infrequently at best. For me, peppers are but a short drive west to Randy Dusseau's fields. Randy lets me pick what I want, when I want. He's one of the largest commercial produce farmers around here and been friends with Randy for decades. We are all farmers out here and as such, we all know each other.

Used to grow cabbage for sauerkraut but don't do that either. I can go down to Randy's huge walk in cooler and grab a hamper full of red or green cabbage anytime I want to. All Randy wants is a couple mason jars of pickled beets.

Only thing I grown anymore is red and yellow onions, Ambrosia (SU) sweet corn, beets, sweet potatoes and heirloom potatoes along with Red Pontiacs. I can get watermelons and cantaloupes right out of the field, anytime.

Don't do hot peppers at all. there is a Mexican market in the next town west of there (Adrian). Many migrant field workers have chosen to stay year around and have settled there and bought homes. That store has the genuine Jalapeno peppers in hand soldered cans (from Mexico), packed in oil and they will literally make you cry. The big fat ones... That have the genuine pork rinds too, something I like as well. Those canned peppers make me sweat, even in the winter...lol

A full hamper of cabbage is 100 pounds.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
24,341 Posts
I make somethign I call "Pixie Dust". It is a combination of everything from white pepper through Reapers. Black pepper, jalapeno, red pepper flakes, Hatch NM chili powder, serrano, Thai, Szechuan peppercorns, habanero, ghost, scorpion, reaper etc. All dried and ground and blended together. Guaranteed to open clogged sinuses, add a touch of heat and sweet to stews, chilis and rib rubs......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts