Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,419 Posts
Hard to see from that angle. He clearly put another couple of bullets in to the guy while he was down, but if the guy was starting to get up??? It will all depend on who is on the jury, I guess. They only need one.

G

·
Let's recap..

Two hooded gang bangers enter the pharmacy, gun's drawn and pointing at your head. There here to rob you of OxyContin and possibly your life.

I'm not going to second guess the pharmacist on this one. I will 2nd guess the DA who used the word "Child" a couple of time when refering to the Gangsta'....That's no child, it is someone who decided to live by the gun. He just didn't expect to be the one dying, he entered that place intending to do the killing. And his family is already on video telling everyone what a good person he was :roll:

Here's a newsflash...if those two never entered that place with guns drawn, none of this would have happened. The Pharmacist didn't start his day off saying he was going to gun down a 16 year old that day. The responsibility for everything that happened the second those hoodlums entered the pharmacy is on them.

giz

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Giz, everything you said is true. However, under Oklahoma law, you can only use deadly force until the threat is neutralized. It LOOKS like Jerome went for another gun then turned and finished the kid off, and the DA SAYS that the kid was unarmed and unconscious. Now, the unarmed part doesn't matter. He was part of the robbery, and the other guy definitely was armed. But the "down and unconscious" part does matter. The burden of proof is now on Jerome to prove that the kid was awake and that he (Jerome) still thought the kid was a threat.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
parson45 said:
Giz, everything you said is true. However, under Oklahoma law, you can only use deadly force until the threat is neutralized. It LOOKS like Jerome went for another gun then turned and finished the kid off, and the DA SAYS that the kid was unarmed and unconscious. Now, the unarmed part doesn't matter. He was part of the robbery, and the other guy definitely was armed. But the "down and unconscious" part does matter. The burden of proof is now on Jerome to prove that the kid was awake and that he (Jerome) still thought the kid was a threat.
Parson, Thats very true, and its been discussed alot on the OSA forum with alot of folks becoming very bitter over it. It really boils down to this; Jerome should have kept his piehole shut after the shooting, it did as much harm as the surviellance camera does. I understand it doesn't show the BG after the first shot, and thats up to his defense team to argue that point, and the DA kinda stepped in the poo with his comments. So now its all gonna have to be hashed out in court. My opinion, and mine only, I think Jerome screwed up. The first shot was justified, but that first walk around, then go and get another gun, and empty it into someone. I understand all the effects of tunnelvision, adrenialin pump, and all that, but alot of time expired between the first shot, and getting the second gun. I don't know, things may work in Jerome's favor, but right now it doesn't look good for him.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I dont have even the slightest pity for that punk. He got what he deserved.But the law in most states is not on Jeromes side for sure.You can only defend your self you cannot be the judge jury and executioner.
How ever if they get a jury from the hood there. He is a gonner. The jury may be as sick of human trash as a lot of us and not convict him.I know If I were on the jury I would not vote to punish Jerome.
Its a good thing he took the punk out and a shame he didnt get the other one to.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Leighton I think you're right.... gonna be a tough row to how and expensive.

Even if the Jury sees it right and Jerome is exonerated, he'll be financially ruined defending himself and thereafter will be lumped into the same category of history as Bernie Getz.

Bad as it is, Thank God that Taurus wasn't marked "Judge, Jury and Executioner" .....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Can I clarify something?
The burden of proof is on the DA, not the pharmacist. He is now going to have to prove beyond reasonable doubt to a jury that the gangsta-who can't be seen (no proof there) wasn't a threat. Sems to me the truth is, we'll never know for sure. It would be very revealing to read a detailed description of the head/face wound, to see if it was incapacitating or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts