Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the view from my loading bench...its on my back patio...getting too dark to reload anymore, so I figured I'd share the lights of Laughlin Nevada (3 miles away as crow flys...sorry for the blurry picture, too much Merlot! :D ):

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
A day time picture should be next

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
That's better, the last time I was in Laughlin {10 or so years ago} the first pic is how it looked

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Very nice view, but where are the trees? kihfL

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
daytime dave: "how long" what?

Hunter: you have to drive 30 miles to find a pine tree!

Forester: thankfully NO grass/lawn. That would make me have to MOW it, and take time from shooting and reloading! :D

c pierce: I have not done any rock hounding, although there is plenty to hound after!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Even though the oppressive summer heat beats me down, I really do love tramping around desert mountains in cool weather! JMO, but you're a lucky fellow to be able to live there! :)

OT, but I've been wanting to ask someone about this.... :) Since your Arizona home is so close to both Nevada and California, is Arizona the preferred location for a business and residence? Just a few miles away in NV there is no state income tax - but are the property taxes higher over in NV? (I know that Calif. should be avoided if taxes are a concern! :) ) In brief, what is the best of the three - with respect to services and the tax situation.

xtm

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
I like the night view. Merlot shaking of the camera and everything. Bright lights like those are always pretty to look at. :)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Looks like it does around here. Kinda like lookin' out across the Rio Grande valley towards either Mexico or New Mexico. More sage, creosote, yucca and mesquite, though. Mostly creosote and mesquite.

I like it open like that, open all the way to the horizon. Kinda expands the soul. I love the quiet of the desert, sometimes it's so quiet you can hear daylight coming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts