Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This magnificent bronze statue of Theodore Roosevelt, my boyhood, & lifelong, hero, to be torn down to placate the rioters, looters, arsonists of BLM. The African & Indian were included by the artist to symbolize TR's RESPECT for their cultures, but try explaining that to the mindless mobs that have terrorized NYC for the last 3 wks, aided & abetted by the mayor & his Negro wife.

·
Super Moderator
31,828 Posts
I guess it as It will only get worse as we go through this year and into the election. It is bad enough with the rioting but then you have the hand wringing, self loathing(my guess) idiots thinking they have to go along with what is going on now and continually make excuses that we have to atone for the past. Interesting that a couple of weeks ago some columnist for the local paper did just that, I had a reply which I wrote a week ago and that the paper actually did print this past weekend. I am always surprised when they print one of my letters since I do never hold back with my opinion even when it may not be PC:

The contents of my reply to another column printed there:

"Opinions will vary
Regarding Trib columnist LaRaine DuPuy’s piece, “Blaming looters misses point, ignores real issue,” from last Sunday, it is LaRaine DuPuy who misses the point. To address some of what she includes: “In a recent interview with the only four black CEOs of Fortune 500 companies (let that sink in for a moment, there are only four black CEOs of the 500 Fortune 500 companies)....” She ignores the possibility that these four arguably earned their positions and others did not.

Then there’s this prize quote attributed to Jide Zeitlin: “We can replace our windows and handbags, but we cannot bring back George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin, Emmett Till and too many others. Each of these black lives matter.” I am certain this will resonate well with those who may have lost their livelihoods during the riots, looting and arson. Hey, you can just replace those things. But that seems unimportant to Ms. DuPuy in how she glosses over it.

More sage commentary: “This community, this country does not need to continue hearing the entitled, the privileged placing blame, missing the point and ignoring the real issue.” The question becomes which entitled? When you have country band Lady Antebellum changing its name; a petition to rename a city in Florida (Plantation); the pulling of TV police shows and “Gone With The Wind,” all because some are offended, the question still remains: Who is entitled? Ms. DuPuy has her opinion and I have mine. What I see from many at present can be summed up in two words: sycophant and lickspittle. Those are the polite ways to put it.
Wendy Myers, China Spring"

They did edit out a sentence or two perhaps for space. The rioters are bad enough, but the garbage of sucking up is even worse because it emboldens the behavior in the future. With the future and all that is likely to happen I believe people need to follow the US Coast Guard motto: Semper Peratus: Always Ready.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
BLM are trolls. Don’t feed the trolls. Don’t give them power over you.

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
I dare someone to attempt to remove my Trump-Pence 2020 flag from my flagpole in the front yard, I fly it below Old Glory, every day. You come in my yard with ill intent, you are trespassing and will be dealt with accordingly.

I have no issue with it. I imaging my signage on the 3 rail fence says it all... 'Beware of the owner, not the dog' with a picture of a pistol and a hand pointed outward.

·
Registered
19,547 Posts
Daryl......more people need to stand up, and protect themselves, and their property. You don't need to surrender, and let them do whatever they want. There is a price to be paid....if anyone cares to test me!!!! 🤬 Bob

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
You'll be in jail, but at least the dead guy didn't take your flag. Maybe his buddies will come finish the job while you're being booked.

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
You'll be in jail, but at least the dead guy didn't take your flag. Maybe his buddies will come finish the job while you're being booked.
Not sure about that out here. This county is noted for finding badly decomposed bodies in roadside ditches or in remote fields. The dumping ground for human excretement in southern Michigan. left long enough they decompose and turn to fertilizer or the yotes eat them. Found a nice jawbone alongside the ditch in a field I farm the other day, had a nice set of teeth too. I left it there and went about my business.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
This magnificent bronze statue of Theodore Roosevelt, my boyhood, & lifelong, hero, to be torn down to placate the rioters, looters, arsonists of BLM. The African & Indian were included by the artist to symbolize TR's RESPECT for their cultures, but try explaining that to the mindless mobs that have terrorized NYC for the last 3 wks, aided & abetted by the mayor & his Negro wife.

View attachment 471979
This is really stupid. The meaning of the statue is that Roosevelt was protecting the weak.

He was one of the strong voices condemning King Leopold II of Belgium for his devastation of Blacks in the Congo.

BlackLivesMatter is a profoundly ignorant group......most have probably never read a book.

How can we expect them to understand anything?

How far will this go? Will we have to fight a war?

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
If the Left keeps pushing their insanity the situation will escalate to a point that there will be a response that the will not like. The anti American organizations only operate in areas where they know there will be no resistance to their actions. They know that there would be a vastly different response if they tried any of that crap outside their safe havens.

·
Premium Member
10,222 Posts
A lifetime of "participation awards" does not create responsibility.

History, and an appreciation of factual human experience is now irrelevant, because it's unknown to generations of American youth educated since about 1980.

This is not a wellness.

Nothing compels those responsible for these public assets to tolerate trespass, vandalism, destruction or desecration of these monuments. Therefore, you must conclude that the politicians in control of these governments are irresponsible, and suitable for impeachment.

The anarchists have figured out that people won't stop them from destruction of property. Symbolic property is, in their view, fair game for destruction because it's symbolic, and it will result in muted outrage from the rest of a society that is apathetic. So far, this is proven accurate.

When will it stop? We are a tolerant society, and that tendency to peaceful tolerant behavior is being strained. Nothing we're about to witness will surprise me, because we are in new territory here.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
If systemic racism actually existed, blacks would all have been killed by now. Reds (communists) too.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts