Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four years ago there was a thread about .44 Special Revolvers. I've got a 3" barrel Model 24-3 and a 4" barreled Model 21-4 Thunder Ranch Special.

My latest handgun chambered in .44 Special is a Colt Third Generation Single Action Army, and in a Colt change of a business model, the gun is marked Russian and S&W Special .44!

Not sure what the stocks are made from either giraffe, camel, or cow bone.

Revolver Wood Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Gas

Beige Bag Eyewear Natural material Comfort

Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Motor vehicle

Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Nice third gen colt not sure what the stocks are but they look great. It appears to be blued with no case color.. I never looked at third gens often the 1 st gens original finish is so important in how much case coloring remains . I guess my 1st gens can identify as third gens.both re finished with a blue similar to yours The top 45 was engraved (not real well) and blued bottom 45 in the white more or less but they were affordable and the amount of case color didn't matter one bit as you point it down range and squeeze the trigger. I like the 44 special it's all I've ever shot in my tiger single action
Dan
Revolver Vertebrate Air gun Trigger Mammal
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a New Service that we are assuming is a parts gun.
There is engraving on the side that implies the revolver was a WWI warrior, but the barrel is a later dual designation .44SPL/ .44 Russian.
There is a mysterious story that goes with this piece.
My favorite revolver of many, and my granddaughter intends to keep it in the family forever, if she can. Great shooter!
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Four years ago there was a thread about .44 Special Revolvers. I've got a 3" barrel Model 24-3 and a 4" barreled Model 21-4 Thunder Ranch Special.

My latest handgun chambered in .44 Special is a Colt Third Generation Single Action Army, and in a Colt change of a business model, the gun is marked Russian and S&W Special .44!

Not sure what the stocks are made from either giraffe, camel, or cow bone.

View attachment 556716
View attachment 556717
View attachment 556719
View attachment 556718
Damn that's a nice gun!

John Taffin wrote an article about how having a Colt SSA with the "Russian and .44 Special" barrel stamp and taking it to a SHOT show where Skeeter Skelton was at and showing it to him, immediately got him into the good graces of Skeeter, and started a friendship that lasted until his death.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts