Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just returned from Home Depot. I accompanied Cassandra there in order for her to buy a couple of “daylight” florescent bulbs to go over her easel while she is painting. I will not use “self checkout” lines, so she went through it to pay for the bulbs. Now, what struck me, was the 20 year old blond dingbat that was “supervising” the self checkout lines. She should have been quite attractive except that the front 1/4 of her otherwise long beautiful hair was a bright green.

I had to ask, “Are you going prematurely green, turning into a vegetable, or the sister of the inedible hulk”? The blank stare told me that she had reached the vegetative state, just like a majority here who elected Jerry Brown!

As a fringe benefit to the encounter, I’ll never have to go to Home Depot with Cassandra again. Who says that shopping with your wife can’t be fun!

Willie

·
Registered
19,645 Posts
I hate using the automatic self-serve checkout at Home Depot. I usually take my wife with me.....so she can do it! Bob

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I flat refuse to use self-checkout, if a business s so impersonal & doesn't want my business any more than that I'll go across the street to Lowes... who builds a store near every Home Depot.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Super Moderator
32,113 Posts
Prematurely green...LOL!

I saw the subject line and was wondering about who would be mentioned. I was expecting politicians as usual.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I always use the self checkout ... faster most of the time. I consider it training for when I semi-retire.

Brenda and I were returning an item to Target yesterday. At the return desk was a man with some merchandise in his cart, and a little girl. (wait for it ....)

I turned to Brenda and said "Wonder why he's returning the little girl". She looked back and said she was wondering the same thing. Nobody laughed.

When we had left, Brenda turned to me and said the guy looked like he didn't appreciate what we said. I told her I felt sorry for the little girl, 'cuz it was funny.

Dang it ... my wife is too hard to embarrass!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JohnFox said:
IDang it ... my wife is too hard to embarrass!
Invite me along sometime and I'll teach you how it is done! I also lecture, tour and give private lessons!

Willie

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
Barb is beyond embarrasing and at the "Oh Crap, not again" stage

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Linda has got to the "I bet I can embaress him worse than he can me stage' confused02 Of course I did get to her a little when I asked the young female clerk @ Home Depot if I could try out the toilets on display to see which one I liked best... The clerk smiled politely & said I could try one out if I liked but would have to buy it afterwards. Linda offered to give her a free husband & the clerk said no she already had a grandfather about the same age w/ a similar sense of humor :oops: ryperp

·
Super Moderator
10,842 Posts
Injunbro said:
Linda has got to the "I bet I can embaress him worse than he can me stage' confused02 Of course I did get to her a little when I asked the young female clerk @ Home Depot if I could try out the toilets on display to see which one I liked best... The clerk smiled politely & said I could try one out if I liked but would have to buy it afterwards. Linda offered to give her a free husband & the clerk said no she already had a grandfather about the same age w/ a similar sense of humor :oops: ryperp
Those wimmins will gang up on ya. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Is it just me or are all women in cahoots against us sweet, kind, lovable, guys who are just trying to keep them from getting bored?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I don't get it either ... back when I was single and checking out match.com, all the women said they wanted a man to make them laugh. That looks weren't important and having a job was.

Man .. I was single a long time for someone that met all three of those requirements....

·
Registered
19,645 Posts
The next step of old age development is........senility!!!! :lol: Bob

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To BobK, I say the following;

And to Wendy;
Nothing devious about me, I am very straightforward when inquiring why someone has stitched up one of more orifices with silver wire or gold thumb tacks, or for that matter deliberately painted or otherwise remodeled their outward appearance in order to resemble an outsized bass lure.
The first minnow that is picked out as the entree of the evening is the one that exhibits behaviour or coloration that makes it stand out against the background of thousands of other minnows that all look alike and become a blur.

Not me boss, I wouldn’t stand out in a crowd of Asian midgets, because I like going home with all my limbs and wallet intact!

Wilie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts