Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the lack of gun posts here I was forced to purchase this yesterday so that I could post a gun topic. I tried to buy this off a friend about 5 years ago but he wouldn’t sell. I called him yesterday to see if he was free for lunch. After we agreed on a time he said “ oh by the way the gun is yours”. When I ask for a price he said “ whatever you give me”. So after lunch we went back to his place and picked up the gun, box, papers, and 100 pieces of brass new in the package. The gun was also sporting a 2X Nikon scope in silver with matching base and rings. I tossed out a number and he agreed so I brought this home for a much needed cleaning, action work and some new accessories. Now I have to make another trip to see him to pay him But his local Mexican restaurant makes the trip well worth it. Anyway the gun is an RSR exclusive built 6-29-95 in .41 Magnum. Special RSR serial number and one of 500 made. I think I’m going to like it.
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
21,029 Posts
DAMN, Mark! You shouldn't expose yourself to such risk just for us. I, for one, am willing to cover your costs in an act of fiscal support for your gallantry. Just shoot me the gun and I'll send you a check. You have my address.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
That’s a beauty. Since I gave up political BS for Lent, I’ve spent less time here. Thanks for luring me to linger a while!

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Due to the lack of gun posts here I was forced to purchase this yesterday so that I could post a gun topic. I tried to buy this off a friend about 5 years ago but he wouldn’t sell. I called him yesterday to see if he was free for lunch. After we agreed on a time he said “ oh by the way the gun is yours”. When I ask for a price he said “ whatever you give me”. So after lunch we went back to his place and picked up the gun, box, papers, and 100 pieces of brass new in the package. The gun was also sporting a 2X Nikon scope in silver with matching base and rings. I tossed out a number and he agreed so I brought this home for a much needed cleaning, action work and some new accessories. Now I have to make another trip to see him to pay him But his local Mexican restaurant makes the trip well worth it. Anyway the gun is an RSR exclusive built 6-29-95 in .41 Magnum. Special RSR serial number and one of 500 made. I think I’m going to like it. View attachment 499125

Hey Mark,

Wow Whee BAT MAN!!

A 41 mag! (is that the titanium cylinder?)

Good for you!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark just a stainless unfluted cylinder. Guy I can't thank you enough for the kind offer. If you are going to wait by the mailbox I would suggest some beverages and maybe a chair.....and some food. I noticed in my quick cell phone photo the grips don't look near as good as in person. The gun had the factory Hogues but I just happened to have these lounging about. I'll post a better photo in the light of day.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I like it! That octagon barrel increases the niftiness 1000%

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Hey Mark,

That is one "jim dandy"!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Hey Mark,

Another BEAUTY!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
28,016 Posts
And now you guys are going to rub it on how you got these beauties for about $400 in returnable Coke bottles...................:love:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was very grateful for the opportunity to purchase both of these guns from friends who appreciate my fondness for S&W revolvers. The price for each was fair for both parties but in no way a bargain.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts