Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TC Classic .22RF rifle while pleasing to the eye was and is a problematic functional design. I returned my first example to TC due to function problems and TC replaced that rifle with a second .22 Classic which also was basically non functional. Thus I placed in it the back of the safe out of sight and out of mind. My thoughts were I'll let TC work thru the design and or manufacturing procedures.

Basically TC gave up on the design and removed the .22 Classic from production. So I decided to wait until a new rifle design from TC. As the years past TC recently introduced a new .22RF rifle which had similarities to a Ruger Design which included a rotary magazine. Thus I thought its time to send the non functional .22Classic back to TC to be exchanged for the newly designed.

Yesterday talked to the TC side of S&W with a discussion of what part of a life time warranty did TC not understand. I was feed this gibberish about the warranty only covered material and workmanship. So after a discussion of what part of a life time warranty does TC not understand I received a return shipping authorization label via E-mail. Shipped the rifle out this morning.

I await their disposition!

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
Nigh on impossible to reinvent the wheel and Ruger invented the wheel with their 10-22 carbine. I have a couple, great rifles, inexpensive and eat anything you put in the rotary magazine.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without knowing what the issue is, I don't think any warranty is a "exchange program"??

Why TC over a tried and true Ruger 10/22??
The .22 Classic was removed from production because of the design/ manufacturing/ quality control issues. TC at the time offered a replacement for the .22 Classic with a S&W .22RF rifle.

I don't think any warranty is a "exchange program"? If the rifle is non functional and no longer produced then they would under the life time warranty need to offer an exchange of some sort or their warranty is not worth the paper it was printed on!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
The .22 Classic was removed from production because of the design/ manufacturing/ quality control issues. TC at the time offered a replacement for the .22 Classic with a S&W .22RF rifle.

I don't think any warranty is a "exchange program"? If the rifle is non functional and no longer produced then they would under the life time warranty need to offer an exchange of some sort or their warranty is not worth the paper it was printed on!!!!!!
OK then why not just wait until you hear back from them??????????????????

Seems like "years" ago would have been the time to get whatever corrected.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK then why not just wait until you hear back from them??????????????????

Seems like "years" ago would have been the time to get whatever corrected.
I did not like what they offered in exchange and decided to wait to see what would develop which was nothing until recently.

·
Registered
19,561 Posts
Most likely, you have waited too long to get an exchange that you like. If they stopped production of the rifle, they probably won't honor it anymore. It's their call! Bob

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most likely, you have waited too long to get an exchange that you like. If they stopped production of the rifle, they probably won't honor it anymore. It's their call! Bob
Its the principle of the thing that irritates me, to place an item into the market place that is and was functionally problematic then replace my original purchase with another of the same which was also problematic. If they don't honor my warranty claim it says a lot more about them than me! I waited till they brought to the marketplace a functional design that mimics Ruger!

·
Registered
19,561 Posts
A lot of times "the principle of the thing" gets me boiling mad.........but, there is little that you can do. They DID replace the original, in good faith. It did not have to meet your approval, however. I know it sucks, but......that's life!!! Anything that you might do, including " to not buy their products anymore " would carry little weight. They don't give a hoot!!! Bob

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of times "the principle of the thing" gets me boiling mad.........but, there is little that you can do. They DID replace the original, in good faith. It did not have to meet your approval, however. I know it sucks, but......that's life!!! Anything that you might do, including " to not buy their products anymore " would carry little weight. They don't give a hoot!!! Bob
Bob the replacement to my original purchase which did not function was replaced with a second one which did not function either. The design was so piss poor that TC removed the rifle from production thus the market place. I don't think its to much to expect a functional weapon. :)

·
Registered
19,561 Posts
Perhaps you are right, but how can you convince TC of that? Like every other gun manuf.......money is their bottom line! They want top keep it. You could always hire a lawyer, and sue them. I don't know if that would even be worth it.....monetarily. BUT......we are talking PINCIPLE here. Bob

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps you are right, but how can you convince TC of that? Like every other gun manuf.......money is their bottom line! They want top keep it. You could always hire a lawyer, and sue them. I don't know if that would even be worth it.....monetarily. BUT......we are talking PINCIPLE here. Bob
Yes we are!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts