Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first attempt at something with kydex was the speedloader thing and while it is still working fabulously .. it kinda looked like crap.

Not sure that this one is a ton better but I have been wanting to try a hybred OWB holster. Problem is, as many of you know, you buy it for $50-$60+ and then decide you hate it and in the drawer it goes.
I had some kydex around since I used very little and I had some 12oz harness leather from a saddle bag gig I did for a friend some 6 years ago. He helped me move and wouldnt take money but I knew he was doing a camping ride from AZ to Florida so I made him these ... I really didnt know what I would do with the rest of the roll!

100_7566sm.JPG

My first attempt molded great but .. I had the damn blue gun flipped in the wrong orientation. So after several atte pts I got the second one to mold well but .. it was supposed to be rough side out and .. that didnt happen.

Still .. it is really comfortable to wear and handles the weight really well. Doesnt bobble at all and the draw is really nice. It is not that satisfying clippity click of a full kydex holster but it sticks to your side nicely and I wore it for two days some 6 hours at a time and it was nice. It isnt quite as secure as my double layer boned leather holsters but the little bit you give up on retention you get back in a lightening fast nice draw that doesnt need a strap or thumb break.

So far .. having fun with this kydex stuff. No where near what the pros make but .. it is only my second attempt :D

hybred3.jpg

hybred1.jpg

hybred2.jpg

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Hey B,

Well Done!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Boriqua
1 - 8 of 8 Posts