Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been growing curious of late. Picked up a nifty ‘I’-frame in 32 SWL last year and really like it. I have a pair of modern J-frame snubbies for ccw and find them accurate and reliable. A victory model 39 spl from 1943 or thereabouts, holds an honored place in my safe. I’ve got 3 model 19’s, one snubby, one nice 4 incher and a frankengun imported from the Phillipines. Recently purchased a 6” .357 L-frame to play with for IHMSA. The pride of my collection is a nice Model 28 my father gave me and a couple of 625’s, one a 2”, as model of 1989. So, that’s models I, J, K, L, and N. Curiosity is how come no M-frame revolvers?
I plan to post photos and details as soon as I get some time and enthusiasm.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Here's most of the M variations: Left side 1st, and 2nd models (First model was the only one with a thumb cylinder release)
Right side: 3rd model, 3rd model short barrel variation. Bottom 6" 3rd model target. Still need the 6" fixed sight. ;)

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of M's.

NOTE* These are chambered for S&W 22 Long NOT LONG RIFLE. Use 22 long CB caps or Aguila Colibri's ONLY! A lot of these were ruined by shooting 22 LR ammo.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
A lot of the M frames have been damaged by firing 22LR in them they were chambered for 22 Long. Look at the barrel forcing cone as they may be cracked or have pieces missing or be completely gone leaving a huge cylinder gap.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lot of the M frames have been damaged by firing 22LR in them they were chambered for 22 Long. Look at the barrel forcing cone as they may be cracked or have pieces missing or be completely gone leaving a huge cylinder gap.
Thanks for the tip. I’ll look if I ever find one! What about .22 Shorts?

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Guess no one reads my posts. Sigh. 🙄

Do not use 22 shorts.

delcrossv said:
NOTE* These are chambered for S&W 22 Long NOT LONG RIFLE. Use 22 long CB caps or Aguila Colibri's ONLY!
;)
These:

or these

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.