Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
One of the best pistols Ruger ever made. It's a great range gun or home defense. Not so easy to conceal carry.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before I bought the pistol in the mid 90s or so....Wiley Clapp done a article in Gun&Ammo on it....He sure praised it. He put the P90 in a Ransome Rest at the Ruger factory where they test fire the pistols. A full mag printed one hole....but I cannot remember the distance in yards....This pistol was my first semi auto

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
My only Ruger is a P-345 I bought new right after they came out.
For the guy;s who follow Ruger P 3-45's serial numbers mine is 664-038XX.
Production year 2004.
It's been sitting in my safe a long time and after reading paulwv thread I had to dig it out.
My first polly framed pistol.
Stainless slide and the Red Ruger grip emblem.
Pretty sharp.

Sorry for the drift.

·
Premium Member
11,656 Posts
I've got the P-94 .40 S&W version. It's huge, but reasonably light weight.

Here's an article: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/introducing-ruger-p94-one-most-underrated-guns-ever-40027

There are many unique features to this firearm's action and overall design. The alloy frame, in particular, is quite innovative.

The one I picked up was almost an orphan in the shop, and it's used price was too low to ignore. Shop around and you'll occasionally see these reasonably priced.

Reactions: paulwv

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
the one thing i can say for certain. The Ruger P 90 and P 89's will be shooting long after we are dead and gone. The gun is a tank !! Just will run forever ..

·
Registered
705 Posts
My first semi-auto pistol was a Stainless Ruger P-90DC. I bought it new in the 90's and still have it. The whole family enjoyed it and it was a favorite of the Wife. Too bad it hasn't been fired in three or four years.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have two P9x series Rugers. A P94DC in 9mm ad a P97DC in 45acp.
Excellent FS pistols. Relatively light for their size, well balanced, good ergonomics, and built like a tank.
I've often wondered why they didn't gain more popularity with LEO agencies, militarys, etc.

Reactions: paulwv

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had the P-85, the first of the 80 series. Had to qualify with it at 5yds. out to 25yds.. Scored 289 out of 300 points. The first shot out of each string had to be fired DA. Never missed a heartbeat. It was also built like a tank and fired right out of the box. Carried for about 10 years when I was a bodyguard and PI. Had to sell it with regrets.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts