Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 years ago today my son pinned on a badge, actually presented to him by my now late father (I’ll try to attach a video clip). He had been a police cadet for 18 months prior to going through the police academy, which in his agency is a full time paid job working/riding with other officers and detectives, in uniform with cuffs, pepper spray, expandable baton, just no gun. The only exception was when he did a several month stint in Homicide and Violent Crimes, that was in plain clothes. So by way of pension years, he’s well past his 16th year on the books. Anyway, after he graduated and was in post-academy training my wife and I bought him this Model 60 snub for a backup gun. He was thrilled to have it, the only issue being he couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn when shooting it, he suffered from “Glock Familiarity Syndrome”! After many different trades, the gun came back to me, then to my wife who didn’t like it, back to my son for a time and then finally back to me; whew, it shouldn’t be that hard for a gift to finally find a home! I had a professional trigger job completed because the DA on it stunk, badly, but now is very good, smooth and crisp. Depending on the temperatures and clothing options, I carry it and would have ZERO concerns about putting it into action if necessary. I’ve alternated with differing options, but have stuck with the non-Smith stocks and the aftermarket front sight to assist my failing eyesight. He called earlier today and we talked about that special event, with my dad being there and so proud of him. I did tell him not to expect a new gift, but at some point in the future when we can shoot again, I’d let him fire some rounds down range with his original gift that stays with me now! :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I bought one for a daughter with the proviso that I teach her how to use it. She never found time to do that, so it never got presented to her. I still have it. It's a newer one with the lock but has a very nice DA pull and shoots pretty good out past 50 yards or so. I don't want any part of a .357 load in it but a friend shot some through it and said it wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I never heard of a gift-60 that didn't work out. I'm glad it has a home in the family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts