41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Except this one defied the Queen!

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Well, the Militia couldn't stop this action after all. The state AG just pulled his barbers license. So, without so much as a big toe crossing the line in the sand, the state has won this battle. This is proof that the states politicians will at any cost find a way to have their power reach far beyond their desk.
Sadly, the odds of Mr. Manke getting his license re-instated is pretty slim. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, this standoff will end, and Mr. Manke can return to his life as a licensed barber peacefully, and quickly

Maybe, if he don't contract Covid because he totally ignored the most basic principles of mitigation. No mask, no social distancing, NOTHING. He's at the ripe age to become a mortality statistic.

I don't believe pulling his ticket was right (with no discourse whatsoever), but on the other hand, I cannot say he didn't deserve some kind of pee-pee slapping.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Why? Should he have been doing this BS during the cold/flu season?

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
I hear all the time "follow the science".

Deny a 77-year-old man his means of making a living. Revoke his profession and business licenses. Deny him unemployment compensation. Let him spriral into poverty, despair and depression. This is the new "Science for Seniors"?

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
I hear all the time "follow the science".

Deny a 77-year-old man his means of making a living. Revoke his profession and business licenses. Deny him unemployment compensation. Let him spriral into poverty, despair and depression. This is the new "Science for Seniors"?
Lot of if's there Phil...

First off, he denied himself the ability to make a living by acting irresponsibly, not that at 77 he actually needs to work at cutting hair because at 77 if he hasn't saved any money or isn't collecting SS and on Medicare, he has bigger issues.

Secondly, LARA pulled his barber's license, they didn't deny him anything else and there are a boatload of people cutting hair in non-union shops that don't have a license, all that license does is allow him to charge the union rate and pay union dues as well.

Spiral into poverty, I don't think so but then I'm not 100% sure about that, but then neither are you so don't be presumptuous about things you know zilch about. It's 'spiral' not spriral btw. Need to spell check your posts first, especially if you want to come across as the 'anointed one'.........:rolleyes:

Bottom kine is, while I don't agree with Whitmer's over reach, I still believe in as much mitigation as possible and this guy not only didn't mitigate, he flaunted his arrogance on the National Media. You reap what you sew.

You are of course, entitled to your opinion. Whether I agree with it is my choice. In this case, I don't. Your assertions are based on a very unstable foundation.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Why? Should he have been doing this BS during the cold/flu season?
Because the parameters are different but you already know that so don't try to bait me. All that does is make you look foolish.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts

First off, he denied himself the ability to make a living by acting irresponsibly
Manke was denied his ability to make a living because the state ordered closed non-essential business, period. Had nothing to do with his actions. His licenses were later revoked after he defied the non-essential business order. Manke could have been wearing a dozen masks and cutting hair with 6 foot extension rod.... would not have mattered since the state ordered non-essential business closed.

'Afar' in Tennessee.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Secondly, LARA pulled his barber's license, they didn't deny him anything else and there are a boatload of people cutting hair in non-union shops that don't have a license, all that license does is allow him to charge the union rate and pay union dues as well.
Incorrect, states issue licenses for these services from the health department not because of union wages - he's a one man shop. And whether or not, at 77, he NEEDS to work is NOT up to you or your nazi governor. Maybe he does, for his income or his sanity, it is HIS choice, not your witch in the governor's house. But you sure seem hell-bent on protecting her.

·
Registered
255 Posts
[You reap what you sew.]
[Bottom kine is, .....]
While we're all grammar-nazi spell-checking each other here, allow me...it's SOW. Sowing is what you do with seeds, sewing is what you do when you have a hole in your sock. Also, last I checked, 'line' was not spelled with a 'k'.

Might want to lay off the whole 'don't try to sound like an expert if you can't spell' stuff until you dust off your own dictionary? Just saying.

This last though (in addition to being a run-on sentence - sorry, more spell checking, etc...) is a bit presumptuous?

[/QUOTE] First off, he denied himself the ability to make a living by acting irresponsibly, not that at 77 he actually needs to work at cutting hair because at 77 if he hasn't saved any money or isn't collecting SS and on Medicare, he has bigger issues.[/QUOTE]

Acting irresponsibly? How, exactly? By going to work at age 77, and doing what he apparently loves doing, serving a need in his community? Hasn't saved money? What's that based on? Perhaps he just blew a lot on medical expenses, or perhaps just buried a companion or family member? (folks at 77 tend to do both of those things with more frequency than the rest of us). Isn't collecting SS or medicare? Maybe he has no need of those things, provided he's allowed to work. But, his situation HAS to be laid at the feet of 'irresponsibility', is that it? Irresponsibly spreading the evil Coronavirus? One can only assume that his customers are aware of the risks associated with going into this law-breaking miscreant's place of business, and do it anyway.

I think Abby has it right when he calls you an apologist for the Governor.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Manke was denied his ability to make a living because the state ordered closed non-essential business, period. Had nothing to do with his actions. His licenses were later revoked after he defied the non-essential business order. Manke could have been wearing a dozen masks and cutting hair with 6 foot extension rod.... would not have mattered since the state ordered non-essential business closed.

'Afar' in Tennessee.
We need a Nuremberg Trial for these tyrants, with the same fate that Hermann Goring. The only way to stop this insanity is if these folks know they face severe penalties.

·
Registered
395 Posts

First off, he denied himself the ability to make a living by acting irresponsibly, not that at 77 he actually needs to work at cutting hair because at 77 if he hasn't saved any money or isn't collecting SS and on Medicare, he has bigger issues.

Spiral into poverty, I don't think so but then I'm not 100% sure about that, but then neither are you so don't be presumptuous about things you know zilch about. It's 'spiral' not spriral btw. Need to spell check your posts first, especially if you want to come across as the 'anointed one'.........:rolleyes:

Bottom kine is, while I don't agree with Whitmer's over reach, I still believe in as much mitigation as possible and this guy not only didn't mitigate, he flaunted his arrogance on the National Media. You reap what you sew.

You are of course, entitled to your opinion. Whether I agree with it is my choice. In this case, I don't. Your assertions are based on a very unstable foundation.

Did you know that opinions are like butt holes but most stink. Get my drift?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
This thread demonstrates the genius of the Chinese.

They dump a devastating virus on us and the result is us fighting with each other instead of fighting them.

Oh well.......

41 - 53 of 53 Posts