Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
While I support Trump, I feel it was a mistake allowing State Governors to control the aspects of mitigation. Should have been Federally mandated but it wasn't so we get to live with what is.
Specifically, what mitigation mandates should the federal government place upon America?

·
Registered
9,301 Posts

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Or the VA governor ordering everyone to stay home while he goes to his NC vacation home? Or the Chicago mayor who goes to get her hair cut?

·
Registered
12,818 Posts
These active (and often armed) protest movements are happening nationwide. Jeff Knox just authored a good op-ed on Ammoland, and I also just added a comment:

Since When are American's Rights Not “Allowed”!? ~ VIDEO

My comment is also on my blog at:

Power Grab Coup de Grace?

The fact is that these shutdowns have impacted a huge number of American workers, and they will soon be motivated American voters.

The question is, by November - who will own this bag of poo. It's brightly burning on the front porch right now, and someone is bound to stomp on it. The people with the most "residue" will be the ones most impacted by the upcoming elections - and this will impact who Americans delegate their power to.

The people boldly protesting by carrying firearms in and around our state capitol buildings probably are not helping American gun owners. They are certainly getting attention from the legacy media - but unfortunately their protesting is being co-opted by the media into their "be afraid - be very afraid" messaging propaganda - with our gun rights being used as the agent. I don't think that this helps us, or helps shift the balance of power in state and Federal governments to Second Amendment respecting conservatives.

I agree with their intended "end", but not with their "means"... which plays right into the hands of the leftists that already are doing so much damage to our nation.

Don't believe me? Just look at Nancy Pelosi's latest $3.5 trillion bare face bold power and influence grab attempt.
With Red Flag laws weaved right into the bill....

What everyone seems to forget is... WE are the government, not them. WE elect them to represent us, not school us.

Michigan is a good example. Gretch is about to find out what the Republican led legislature's limit is. Will be like Wisconsin I suspect.

Far as sequestering and social distancing and wearing a mask in public, I will continue to do just that and I don't much care if anyone wants to. After all, you are the Captain of your own ship. You and you alone reserve the right to scuttle it. Just don't come whining to me when your feet get wet, I don't want to hear about it. I have better things to do with my time.

Is it my imagination or is this forum taking a decidedly downhill slide?

·
Registered
274 Posts
With Red Flag laws weaved right into the bill....

What everyone seems to forget is... WE are the government, not them. WE elect them to represent us, not school us.

Michigan is a good example. Gretch is about to find out what the Republican led legislature's limit is. Will be like Wisconsin I suspect.

Far as sequestering and social distancing and wearing a mask in public, I will continue to do just that and I don't much care if anyone wants to. After all, you are the Captain of your own ship. You and you alone reserve the right to scuttle it. Just don't come whining to me when your feet get wet, I don't want to hear about it. I have better things to do with my time.

Is it my imagination or is this forum taking a decidedly downhill slide?

If things are taking a downhill slide, it's because those who actually believe in the idea of 'inalienable rights' no matter the circumstances, and those who give lip service to it only when things are going well, are taking position on their respective sides of the fence. For myself, I read through my handy copy of the U.S. Constitution again today. Didn't see anything in there about how rights are voidable when there's a flu or other illness going around, or conditions on legal gun ownership, or the right of government to restrict speech, freedom of worship, or the ability to legally earn a living, or to go vote in the traditional manner. I do hear a lot of politicians claiming to know better than that revered parchment, though.

So, respectfully, no, I don't think it's your imagination. I do however, disagree that things are necessarily going downhill. This entire fiasco is going to expose both the believers and the hypocrites, and it should have happened a long time ago. I'm a proud buckeye, and I'm ashamed that Michigan is making Ohio look really bad right now. No Buckeyes/Wolverines smack talk for me this year, because right now, Michigan is winning, hands down.

Here's a fair question for all readers: If you TRULY believe in 2A and all that it represents, if you TRULY believe in the right to keep and bear arms against tyranny.....can you maybe take a moment and review what your definition of 'tyranny' is? Because I'm noticing that for some, their definition doesn't seem to include showing support for armed locals pushing back against corrupt authority. A 'little bit of tyranny for a good cause' is a little too much. If everyone is waiting for the 'Red Dawn' scenario to unfold, well, there's a lot of bad stuff that can happen between now and then. I think most people not spending their time engaging in apologist arguments are beginning to see how bad things are.

The public needs to get it straight: Bad government is not going to STOP being bad government until they're forced to. That's 'consent of the governed'. They're not going to have some great epiphany tomorrow and knock off their BS.

I invite anyone who wishes to do so to now come at me with the 'well, what have YOU done?' argument. Deflection always makes people feel better.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
“We are the government.” That’s cute. Highly doubtful, any more.

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
Well, the Militia couldn't stop this action after all. The state AG just pulled his barbers license. So, without so much as a big toe crossing the line in the sand, the state has won this battle. This is proof that the states politicians will at any cost find a way to have their power reach far beyond their desk.
Sadly, the odds of Mr. Manke getting his license re-instated is pretty slim. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, this standoff will end, and Mr. Manke can return to his life as a licensed barber peacefully, and quickly

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Where's the ACLU standing up for this guy?

·
Super Moderator
19,294 Posts
One more time, please remain civil, and respect the opinions of others here.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Where's the ACLU standing up for this guy?
Here's one perspective.

April 23

ACLU Goes Missing in Civil Liberties’ Hour of Need

So where is the ACLU now? At most, it has said it is “monitoring” the coronavirus response. There is nothing left to monitor. Now is the time to act. But instead of standing up for the millions of people who are being deprived of their essential freedoms, the ACLU has focused on demanding the release of elderly and sick prisoners. In fact, the ACLU’s website currently solicits donations by promising to protect voting rights, prisoner rights, and reproductive rights.

More here:

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
nevermind; I'll take the high road against his snarkiness

·
Registered
9,301 Posts

Reactions: cp1969

·
Registered
404 Posts
We are beasts in the eyes of the Lord and nature has controlled the beasts the way it sees fit. There should’ve never been a quarantine. Instead common sense should’ve been the law. We as a world are overpopulated and there needs to a thinning of the herd to insure a stronger, healthier human. If I am to lose loved ones or even if I die so be it. Too many people in this world haven’t a clue what it takes to survive. Weaknesses can be physical and mental. Lots of people using up oxygen that are self righteous, mean, ignorant, lazy, crippled and sick. All characteristics of prey that cant keep up with herd and they will be picked off by predators such as viruses, war and for some their own doing. Rant over. Time for Herd Immunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
So he no longer has the 'proper license' to cut hair? He can still cut hair; I'm sure he hasn't forgotten how.

I would think some enterprising young trial lawyer would be happy to take this case and make a name for himself..

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I say he offers free haircuts with folks offering a generous "tip" for the service. Don't need a license to do free cuts.....

Reactions: cp1969

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Before you can work as a barber in Michigan, you need to be licensed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Board of Barber Examiners. This Board regulates the licensing standards for barbers, barber colleges, barber instructors, and barbershops throughout the state.

For a detailed explanation of how to become a barber in Michigan, follow the steps in this guide:

·
Registered
216 Posts
If he doesn't charge a fee, how does any of that stuff apply? This is no different than a street musician playing for tips, or a mother cutting her children's hair for that matter.

Doesn't Michigan have bigger fish to fry at the moment?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts