1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Is this the next iteration of the swamp provoking a civil war?

I've learned to assume that the swamp/Deep State/Hidden Hand/Whatever is controlling both sides, and that these militia groups are CIA or FBI creations, because they never seem to do anything "real." One might argue that protecting a barber is "real," but I think that's debatable.

·
Premium Member
16,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In many cases the groups go back to the Clinton administration. I worked all over the western part of Michigan and met a few. I wouldn't have known if they hadn't mentioned it.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
That ***** needs to go.........she is drunk with power and needs to be sued after being recalled from office.ALL businesses should be opened and leave it up to the folks themselves to decide whether a trip to a shop is a danger or not. She seems to be bucking for a VP slot with Biden and is showing just how much of a Nazi she can be.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sooner or later, this is going to happen in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong person, and when gunfire is traded (and I am on record as predicting this for the last two months), things are going to devolve quickly. People are already both pissed and nervous watching video of MRAP's and SWAT teams showing up to shut down a Texas bar, and a hair stylist getting thrown in jail.

As an aside, it says a lot about the state of our country, when the bravest people you see taking a stand against abusive government overreach are hair stylists and barbers.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Fortunately, calmer heads prevailed. The Shiawassee Sherrif had already said they won't enforce shutdown orders by the governor, and yesterday a Shiawassee County Circuit Court judge ruled in favor of the barber to remain open. This particular story was about over by the time the author wrote it, but there are similar ones and will be more.

Trump's guidelines to remain in lockdown until trigger points are met serve to encourage and empower idiot liberal governors and others. There needs to be some type of nationwide injunction against enforcing Trump's guidelines for remaining in lockdown. And Trump needs to stand up and say his guidelines are wrong to enforce by law.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
I'm so enthralled we have armchair critics judging from afar......

Do I find Whitmer's stay at home orders somewhat of an over reach? Certainly. I cannot refer to any of them (here or anywhere else) as a 'lockdown', last time I checked, no stranger locked me into my home. My wife and I have been and always will be free to come and go as we please (and we do). However, we do wearing the correct gear and we practice all the necessary safe distancing and sanitizing methods.

There are a lot more folks besides the barber who are 'up against it' financially. My business comes under the non essential mandate as well so I'm basically out of business for the present too. Glad I also farm. I'd like to 'open up' but I won't. No point in compromising anyone, me included.

This all distills down to mandates put in place because if not there, 'people (aka:sheeple) would be doing what they dam well please and going around infecting each other. I find it interesting that in all the news clips, no one is practicing social distancing, no one is wearing a mask and no one seems to give a dam about if they are asymptomatic or not or if they are, in fact, infecting others.

Mark my words, easing of the restrictions will be a wholesale disregard of basic preventive measures and Covid hasn't suddenly vanished. it's still out there, waiting to infect and kill. You will see a huge spike in infections and deaths in the coming weeks.

I don't want to be one, maybe you do. Your choice entirely. I've made mine and will continue to adhere to the recommended practices. I don't need any governor telling me what I 'need' to do. I already know.

While I support Trump, I feel it was a mistake allowing State Governors to control the aspects of mitigation. Should have been Federally mandated but it wasn't so we get to live with what is.

Just remember, Covid is still there, it's not going away and you can still contract it and expire. No vaccine, no cure equals a big heartache for many and maybe you.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Time for a road trip to Michigan.

View attachment 467706
Gee whiz, no masks, no social distancing either. Hope the old man don't get sick. If he does, cutting hair will be the last thing on his agenda.

Sheeple are so stupid, but they whine real good.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The husband of a friend of mine tried to go for a haircut but the shop looked closed up, with the blinds drawn. He phoned after he got home and the barber told him he got reported to the police and was given grief, so basically what he is doing is sort of running an old type speak easy: Knock on the door and identify yourself and I'll let you in and cut your hair. That is not in Michigan but a different state in another section of the country.

In our county, in our state, barber shops are officially open with distancing, etc. rules. Hubby went for a hair cut today and so did A LOT of other people. Barbers are going to be making out really well for a couple weeks until the scraggly looking oldsters get neatened up again!

·
Premium Member
16,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get the impression from some of the posts here that some feel the barber is cutting hair without considering the consequences. He stated the reason pure and simple.
" Manke told the station he followed Whitmer's shutdown order for as long as he could — but after multiple extensions of the order and no money coming in after being twice denied unemployment, he had to return to work. "I'm not trying to be a scofflaw. I'm trying to make a living," he told WEYI. "I tried for the unemployment. I was denied twice on unemployment.

Not everyone has a stash to ride out events such as these. They directly rely on the results of their work and have the need to perform it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cool. Used to be the ignore function just made the message unreadable. Now they disappear completely from the thread. Very nice. Sheeple indeed. Freedom. Freedom to chose. Freedom to live.

"All people are created equal; they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights; among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

Amazing to me how many people forget the lives lost across the ages to defend this very tenet of America. And equally amazing to me how many people see no problem in letting their government overlords (elected and unelected) step all over it.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
I get the impression from some of the posts here that some feel the barber is cutting hair without considering the consequences. He stated the reason pure and simple.
" Manke told the station he followed Whitmer's shutdown order for as long as he could — but after multiple extensions of the order and no money coming in after being twice denied unemployment, he had to return to work. "I'm not trying to be a scofflaw. I'm trying to make a living," he told WEYI. "I tried for the unemployment. I was denied twice on unemployment.

Not everyone has a stash to ride out events such as these. They directly rely on the results of their work and have the need to perform it.
Probably denied because he was a white self-employed small businessman...................has he been some scofflaw, he would have been approved immediately (especially if they saw he voted Blue last time)

·
Registered
255 Posts

Agreed. It's also worth noting that the argument, 'If you don't OBEY us, grandma is going to die alone in isolation' is getting quite tiresome to hear. First of all, grandma is of an age and case that she oughta have enough sense to know when not to receive visitors. If she chooses to take the risk, that's her right to do so. Those in nursing homes depend on the staff to make sound judgments concerning visitors, since, yanno, it's what they're being paid to do. In either event, the argument doesn't support shutting down the country and wrecking the economy. We don't need federal OR state/local governments telling us what's best for us, in their opinion, and then trying to enforce those edicts at the point of a gun, which is what happens when someone declares that their edicts have 'the force of law'. They need to inform us of the risks, the best methods for reducing that risk, and then STFU, get out of the way, and let US decide how best to proceed. Most people just don't need this level of their thinking being done for them.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
And those are the ones where Darwin wins....

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
That * needs to go.........she is drunk with power and needs to be sued after being recalled from office.ALL businesses should be opened and leave it up to the folks themselves to decide whether a trip to a shop is a danger or not. She seems to be bucking for a VP slot with Biden and is showing just how much of a Nazi she can be.

Why don't you relocate to Michigan and become a citizen here and then get pro-active? Being in Florida, you don't have any dog in the fight other that an opinion which, is basically worthless. Armchair critics abound.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
So, according to YOU, other folks' opinions are worthless? You sound like Antifa and the Left............

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts
These active (and often armed) protest movements are happening nationwide. Jeff Knox just authored a good op-ed on Ammoland, and I also just added a comment:

Since When are American's Rights Not “Allowed”!? ~ VIDEO

My comment is also on my blog at:

Power Grab Coup de Grace?

The fact is that these shutdowns have impacted a huge number of American workers, and they will soon be motivated American voters.

The question is, by November - who will own this bag of poo. It's brightly burning on the front porch right now, and someone is bound to stomp on it. The people with the most "residue" will be the ones most impacted by the upcoming elections - and this will impact who Americans delegate their power to.

The people boldly protesting by carrying firearms in and around our state capitol buildings probably are not helping American gun owners. They are certainly getting attention from the legacy media - but unfortunately their protesting is being co-opted by the media into their "be afraid - be very afraid" messaging propaganda - with our gun rights being used as the agent. I don't think that this helps us, or helps shift the balance of power in state and Federal governments to Second Amendment respecting conservatives.

I agree with their intended "end", but not with their "means"... which plays right into the hands of the leftists that already are doing so much damage to our nation.

Don't believe me? Just look at Nancy Pelosi's latest $3.5 trillion bare face bold power and influence grab attempt.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts