Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't understand. Where's the cylinder?

Seriously, it's not my type of thing -- but I can see why followers of modern arms design might feel a yearning for one.

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
But,,,,, it's not black?
I'm with DCW, not my cup of tea

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Geeeeez.

Just when I was getting used to the AR/CAR/XM M-16.

Only took me 42 years to do that.....

·
Registered
668 Posts
can't see how that folding stock affects access to the trigger/grip....

somehow I'll get along without one in any case....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm leery of any firearm that is more plastic and aluminum than steel and wood.

Isn't this made by FN? More US money going overseas... Seems to me that US Troops should be armed with US-made weapons, but then I'm silly like that.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Doc Nonverbal said:
I'm leery of any firearm that is more plastic and aluminum than steel and wood.
How original......

Doc Nonverbal said:
Isn't this made by FN? More US money going overseas... Seems to me that US Troops should be armed with US-made weapons, but then I'm silly like that.
You mean like FN Manufacturing LLC in Coulmbia, South Carolina, USA?

Oh, just take a look at their products: http://www.fnmfg.com/products/

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Until they get down to $800 or so, I'll hold off buying one. I see nothing bad about them for what they are, I just don't personally value them as much some people and FN Manufacturing does. :|

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
"Different for different only's sake is no improvement at all...."

BTW, FN M is owned by FN Herstal of Belgium, who in turn are owned by Groupe Herstal S.A., which in turn is owned by the Walloon government.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company- ... story.html

There is therefore something to what Doc Nonverbal had to say.

But then again Jose, you probably knew that....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jose,

Let's try to keep things civil. This isn't the other S&W forum. My preferences were stated as an opinion. I respect that yours may differ.

Best wishes,

David

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Doc Nonverbal said:
... Seems to me that US Troops should be armed with US-made weapons, but then I'm silly like that.
I can take or leave plastic guns, foreign guns, weird guns, etc. but more than anything else I have to agree with the above statement.

Edit to add: "ALL" manufacturing profits, etc. staying in the U.S. "ALL" salaries, perks, etc. staying in the U.S. Period.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
kljng; kljng; simmer down folks...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sebago Son said:
"Different for different only's sake is no improvement at all...."

BTW, FN M is owned by FN Herstal of Belgium, who in turn are owned by Groupe Herstal S.A., which in turn is owned by the Walloon government.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company- ... story.html

There is therefore something to what Doc Nonverbal had to say.

But then again Jose, you probably knew that....
Yep, I know who owns FNH USA and FNM LLC. It's no secret.

My only concern is that our armed forces be armed with the best of the best, regardless of who makes it.

Nothing stops S&W, Remington, or Ruger from bidding on military contracts. Of the three, only Remington has ever won one in modern times, and that is just for a specialty rifle, the M24.

·
Registered
593 Posts
BTW, SCAR-L and SCAR-H are SOCOM procured rifles. They will not be replacing the M4 and M16 anytime soon, if ever.

I actually handled a SCAR-L yesterday at Vandalia Tactical. Nice and light with superb ergos. But at $3000, I'll keep the LMT/DPMS/RRA mutt M4gery that I assembled for a lot less than that.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Charlie said:
Until they get down to $800 or so, I'll hold off buying one.
Yep, I agree. But I don't think we'll ever see them get that low. Somewhere between $1000 and $1200 is where I think they belong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts