Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen I firmly believe that reloading is the only way your going to continue to enjoy your sport. I think it is prudent to stock up on all the supply's you can afford.

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Yeah, me too. I've been slowly stocking up for over a year now..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mr. Pierce,
I agree 110%. I've also been scarfing up powder and primers! The time to act is now.

Bob

·
Registered
385 Posts
ditto here.powder primers and brass.I shoot more cast than anything else in my guns so I have been making and stashing my cast bullets as well.
pete

I use my master caster the most.it is nice having a 40 lb pot of alloy at a time :D .
pete

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow Pete, that's a heck of a casting unit! I bet it's like running a Dillon progressive!

Bob

·
Registered
385 Posts
for large cal bullets 44,45 you can do 400+ a hour.smaller bullets I would say 500- 600 would be close.the blower that sits on top cools the sprue and the mold and this speeds things up.as you pull the handle back there is a steel rod that opens the spur plate and the bullets drop down one side of the divider and the cut spures in another.
I set this up on a old table and when you open the top drawer there is 2 old bead pans.one catches the bullets and the other the spurs.I bought the table for 10.00 at a yard sale. :D .I can take some better pics later if you wish.
I still do alot of handcasting for my rifles but for pistol this is pretty neat.before I retired I didn't have the time to cast and the wife and I shot almost every weekend.this was the only way I could keep a good bullet supply going.
for sizing I use a star lubsizer.pricey but the best and fast.
link
http://www.magmaengineering.com/compone ... .tpl&pop=0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts