Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey S&W,

As YINZ are well aware, I am of the opinion that this FAKE AMMO "SHORTAGE" is just a ploy by the makers to JACK the PRICE of AMMO through the ROOF!:mad:

Well...........are YINZ all a settin' down?

The latest in FAKE "SHORTAGES" is upon us!

GLASS BLOCK WINDOWS! Yep! Been a wantin' two glass block windows fer the basement, fer some time.

Went down to the local GLASS BLOCK PURVEYOR, and he told me that the GLASS BLOCKS have caught the "bug" (same as primers, gas, toilet paper, shingles...etc, etc ad naseum)....

When will GLASS BLOCKS recover? Most likely when they can GET GOUGE $250 for a $50 window....the Glass Blocks will be all better then! :mad:

Later, Mark

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
When I was working for UPS, one of our big pick up customers was a Pitt- Corning plant about 30 miles away, that made those glass blocks. Somewhere around 2009 or so, it shut down. Not sure if they moved operations or just closed.

·
Registered
26,348 Posts
Sorry Mark, shortages are everywhere thanks to brain dead Joe and the Ho; several cardboard plants closed as demand soared due to those home meals companies and Amazon; shortages are VERY real. We are 30K short of truck drivers alone

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Mark, shortages are everywhere thanks to brain dead Joe and the Ho; several cardboard plants closed as demand soared due to those home meals companies and Amazon; shortages are VERY real. We are 30K short of truck drivers alone
Hey AD,

They are going to announcing the "Snow Storm of the Century" any minute....🤣

Get ready for the GREAT TP "shortage"..... of '21! 🤣

Shortage of glass blocks? Portland Cement? Mortar? PLEASE......

I view it more of a "conditioning" of the American Public. So as to INNURE us to the "empty shelves" of commy countries... :mad:

My advice (worth a cup o coffee, pot is on)....HANG on to yer blame WALLET! This is gonna get pricey!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Hey S&W,

As YINZ are well aware, I am of the opinion that this FAKE AMMO "SHORTAGE" is just a ploy by the makers to JACK the PRICE of AMMO through the ROOF!:mad:

Well...........are YINZ all a settin' down?

The latest in FAKE "SHORTAGES" is upon us!

GLASS BLOCK WINDOWS! Yep! Been a wantin' two glass block windows fer the basement, fer some time.

Went down to the local GLASS BLOCK PURVEYOR, and he told me that the GLASS BLOCKS have caught the "bug" (same as primers, gas, toilet paper, shingles...etc, etc ad naseum)....

When will GLASS BLOCKS recover? Most likely when they can GET GOUGE $250 for a $50 window....the Glass Blocks will be all better then! :mad:

Later, Mark
WIsh I had known mate I sold a couple of hundred of them for $60 a while back, corners bull noses the whole thing. Repurposed them after soaking in muriatic acid. Check Craig’s list they are always on there for sale..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Paul,

Thank you for the kind offer!

For the last 25yrs, if a man needed a window, just jot down the size and go see the gentleman. He tells you a price and tells you to come back in a day or two...

He says that the glass blocks have developed a "bug"....not one to be had...??

Never heard the like...

Sure glad I filled my fuel oil tanks and purchased my SNOW TIRES this past Spring.....

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
13,716 Posts
Right after WW-II didn't they have a M1 Garand Gas Block Shortage called "the Tanker"?

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right after WW-II didn't they have a M1 Garand Gas Block Shortage called "the Tanker"?
Musician Gesture Cool String instrument Plucked string instruments

And that my friends....is how the "tanker" came to be....

True sTorY

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
So the windows I ordered in August, which were supposed to be ready in 6 weeks are now coming in JANUARY.
Nice time to be installing windows in Chicago. Wonder if I'll have to shovel snow out of the apartment before they're done.

😕

THANKS, BRANDON.

• Sad
Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
26,348 Posts
The other Shortage:

Jimmy Dean's Sausage logs, 1# or 3#. Can't make biscuit and Sausage gravy without Jimmy Deans sausage. I've been in 9 stores in Augusta, and ZERO !
Plenty down here in the South; and even better are the local meat markets where they make they own pan fresh sausage

Reactions: msharley
1 - 16 of 16 Posts