Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847717545

3 inch Pythons are rare, and this 3 inch Round Butt Python is one of only 15 ever made. Looks like someone wanted it real bad and hit the $75,000 Buy it Now button. You could buy about 50 real nice M27s for that or about 100 m66/m19 snubbies. In my area you can get a decent house for that too.
Wonder if the buyer is going to shoot it?

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
For that, I could have a custom made gun

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Previous bid was $39k! :shock:

And here I thought $15K for a LNIB Reg Mag was out of sight. :confused02:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Some people have more money than brains. What, exactly, do you do w/ that? At that price it's not an investment.
Correct. It's a status symbol.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Some people have more money than brains. What, exactly, do you do w/ that? At that price it's not an investment.
I'll disagree; they obviously had the brains to make that type of disposable income

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
"they obviously had the brains to make that type of disposable income"

NOT obvious..many many people inherit billions of dollars, especially as the boomers kick off.

Ultra-High priced cars..bikes..guns etc etc etc..are all about ones personal desire overwhelming any sense of practical value....and having the bank account/credit to actually make it happen.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was watching this auction out of morbid curiosity. Short of an antique with compelling historical provenance, it amazes me to see a gun go for that kind of money.

But then again, it's their money. If it makes the buyer happy, who am I to pass judgement? I'm sure there are plenty of people who think I'm crazy for paying current prices for S&W revolvers! ;)

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
"they obviously had the brains to make that type of disposable income"

NOT obvious..many many people inherit billions of dollars, especially as the boomers kick off.

Ultra-High priced cars..bikes..guns etc etc etc..are all about ones personal desire overwhelming any sense of practical value....and having the bank account/credit to actually make it happen.
And nothing wrong with that

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
No different than someone paying $800,000.00 for an original '64 Dodge F/X car. If you want it and didn't steal the money to buy it , go for it.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Out of curiosity I looked these up. Apparently they made 26. Blue, bright stainless, and matte stainless. They've been commanding big money for quite awhile. I wouldn't/couldn't buy one, but apparently some people will and can.

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
Some people are rich beyond belief.....$80 grand is nothing! I wouldn't spend that kind of money for a car/truck. There are plenty of people who do!!!!! A 911 Porsche goes for $160 grand. If ya' got the bucks...... kfjdrfirii:roll: Bob

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The buyer buys a LOT from Keystone arms but got a F on his last win as a not payer for some cheap ammo??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts