Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
24,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This old three screw Ruger Blackhawk was customized in 1964 and the grips are really comfortable. The internals have all been polished and the trigger is 1.5 lbs. I has a 6 inch barrel and I had some hot 125 grain 357 mag and felt like I was shooting 22s. The cylinder and hammer are unmodified. I am going to have to work with practice on the trigger. It is also a keeper. and will look forward to more range time.

View attachment 357143
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

· Registered
11,121 Posts
Congrats mate wow light trigger...

Thewelshm

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Old three-screw Rugers are getting rarer than frog hair. Looks like you got a nice one setup to your likes. Even without mods they are simple reliable guns.

· Registered
12,068 Posts
Hey Rodney,

Another swell looking Ruger!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

· Registered
3 Posts
Old three-screw Rugers are getting rarer than frog hair. Looks like you got a nice one setup to your likes. Even without mods they are simple reliable guns.
I was curious to learn about a three screw ruger I currently own. its a 1972 Super blackhawk 44 mag brass frame. I understand 1430 were made (serial Number 80-50488) Prices are all over the place.. whats the future value in your humble opinion?

· Registered
1,807 Posts
I think all quality built and unique hand guns are going up in value. The three screw Rugers are prime examples. Right now most guns have increased too fast due to our crazy economy and politics so some time in the future there may be a reset but overall I would say they will go up. Right now is maybe a bit too late to buy but I would buy the right gun for a fair price. When the reset comes I don’t think it will be to a lower value than reasonable. Just my opinion though.

· Registered
3 Posts
I think all quality built and unique hand guns are going up in value. The three screw Rugers are prime examples. Right now most guns have increased too fast due to our crazy economy and politics so some time in the future there may be a reset but overall I would say they will go up. Right now is maybe a bit too late to buy but I would buy the right gun for a fair price. When the reset comes I don’t think it will be to a lower value than reasonable. Just my opinion though.
Yeah, they are working hard to do the great reset but I feel it wont happen till the body of christ is raptured...We are seeing the tip of the iceberg with the covid vaccines and the treatment most or large percentage have died from. I never imagined I would live to see agenda 2030 go into action but they are working hard to make it so. Back to the main topic, I own a three screw super blackhawk brass frame.. got lucky when I did find it. I don't think the previous owner knew what he had nor did I when I did the trade (trade up) with a nickle plated S/W 6-10 38special I had owned.

· Registered
24,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was curious to learn about a three screw ruger I currently own. its a 1972 Super blackhawk 44 mag brass frame. I understand 1430 were made (serial Number 80-50488) Prices are all over the place.. whats the future value in your humble opinion?
IMO that any gun at any time will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Some will be high and some low. I guess I look at the three screws as not so much value (irrelevant to me) as I do not collect for investment but rather a strong copy of the Colt SAA but with Rutger's enhancements. So enjoy shooting an affordable old west gun that can shoot anything you put in it. Some of those Ruger only loads are awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts