1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
It’s always good.

·
Registered
19,953 Posts
Decided to do a small Elk roast in addition to the standing rib we have. Both will fit in the large roaster that is in the oven right now. Smells wonderful.

Ocean Spray cranberry sauce, of course.... :p

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Thanks Chip, I always look forward to your stories & they're just as good the next go around.
Good to see you, Injunbro!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Pull your coat off and sit a spell.

·
Registered
23,461 Posts
Unfortunately most of the folks around here we used to swap goodies w/ are now gone. :( However, there's a Mom & Pop restaurant we meet w/ neighbors & eat. They serve Thanksgiving dinner free (but most of us sneak enough in the tip jar to way more than cover our meals). W/ modern pickups going 60-65 MPH we can be there in 1/2 hour or so. Friends & neighbors from as far as 75 miles away show up. It's a wonderful get-together... but I still kind of miss the old days & living on leftovers for a week.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Yes Sir!

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you all remember seeing windmills as part of daily life in rural America? Now it’s almost a legend.
I climbed those things from the time I was a teenager until I left the ranch. We had 15 of them at one time. We did all of our own maintenance and repairs and I usually wound up in the towers. Some of those old wood towers were over 80 years old and pretty rickety.
When the family put me in charge of the ranch, we went to Solar purty durned quick.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Iggy as always a great read mate.. God Bless

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts