Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum 8 years ago and really enjoyed it. Some members became sort of family and I really felt connected. Since the change this had not been the case. This forum really does nothing for me anymore and it seems most of the old-timers have also left. With that it is time for me to move on. Thank you for making me feel welcome but it is now time to depart to something else. Thanks for some great memories.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I feel your pain of discontent with the new look...I joined 8 yrs. ago and now only visit.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I have about had it also. There was a post recently by an Admin that suggested he would delete a ”funny” if it wasn’t in the proper place. What is up with that. What difference does it make if a political funny is in the regular funny section. Ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
What's with all the drama about the changes this forum has made recently?
I don't understand it, the drawn out I'm leaving cause I can't adapt to the new look blah blah blah and you "old timers know" blah blah blah, love you guys but blah blah tear's tears sniffle, I'm leaving REALLY but I hope to see you guys soon BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Some Guys? are worst at LEAVING than my EX whinny wife.
Get the hell over yourselves and LEAVE.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
"I miss the friendly forum too!" The new format doesn't bother me..... it's more all the Non-S&W gun posts. JMHO IF all the "old timers" leave this place will be a ghost forum. I've got away from shooting/collecting/loading due to health issues but I always like going to the S&W Forum.....NOT the blue farm.....to see what y'all active shooters are up to. The Welshman and his cooking pics/videos(?) make me hungry! Curt & Jonesey when they go to the range makes me feel like I'm there with'em! I can't wait to see what Leo & Geeze bought at the gun shows too! I don't give up....it's not me.....so I'll just weather the storm. Y'All Come Back now!.....ya hear! Good Shoot'n!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Sorry to see so many leave. Hell, I’m starting to feel like an old timer here these days and I don’t like that. Just now getting comfortable with the new format but not 100%. A ways to go for that. Please, Curt, keep posting the funnies every day. It’s whats keeping me sane and smiling. Thanks for reading everyone. cw

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
Sorry to see you go.

But with that said, I also don't understand why people are giving up on this forum, as it's the people, topic discussions and overall demeanor, that makes up this forum, not it's appearance, and we haven't changed until now, with the exit of long timers.

Nothing ever stays the same forever and that's especially true for Computer hardware and software.

I find it interesting that some of the people that have left, are now over on the "Blue Forum", and they are the same people that were quite vocal here, in their dislike/disdain of the "Blue Forum", and their praise for this one.

I for one, want to say thank you to those that have decided to stick around, because if this exodus continues, this forum is going to die on the vine.

The new format no longer shows your member #, but I'm #154... I came here in the beginning when the creation of this forum was the result of the old "blue forum" imploding under the tumultuous/combative atmosphere that forum's previous owner fostered, and a new venue for us S&W fans was badly needed.

I'm not ready to give up on this place... it is only as good as what you make of it.

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Sorry to see you go MM as have enjoyed your inputs. Hope all goes well for you and hopefully will look in from time to time.

·
Administrator
7,992 Posts
If someone wants to leave, say goodbye and let them leave in peace. Don't think of it as an insult to the rest of the members here who have decided to stay. It's just part of the ebb and flow of a forum.
When I first came here, it was an entirely different group of people here. They've all left over the years, to be replaced by new members. I hate to see some of the people go but it's a natural occurrence. No need to get riled up about it.

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
Happy trails, bruh! We'll be here if you get a tad homesick!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I have no gripes with folks joining or leaving this forum.
What's gotten to me is the long drawn out farewell speeches favored by people exiting lately.
Like I said earlier, it's worst than the goodbye speech my EX-old lady gave me while she was slow walking out the door for the last time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've been a member here for 7 years a member of the "blue" forum for 14 years. I enjoy them both as well as several other gun and knife forums that I am also a member of. We don't always agree on things, especially political our views but we should be able to at least be civil. But I guess that's too hard for some. If you are going to leave, leave. The prolonged leaving makes you look like you are waiting for people to talk you out of it. I have left a few forums, mostly due to inactivity of the forum in general.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have no gripes with folks joining or leaving this forum.
What's gotten to me is the long drawn out farewell speeches favored by people exiting lately.
Like I said earlier, it's worst than the goodbye speech my EX-old lady gave me while she was slow walking out the door for the last time.
I believe you said it best, nobody is making you click on it. You know from the heading what the post is about. Follow your own advice friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.