Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
In case some folks don't know, Texas Jack's is Cimarron Firearms retail outlet in Fredricksburg, TX. The Nimitz Museum is down the way and across the street - expanded from the old Nimitz Hotel. It is a fine tribute to WWII veterans - not just Adm. Nimitz and is a frequent location for special programs and reinactments.

Fredricksburg is an interesting town and a great destination in the German part of the Hill Country if you're visiting San Antonio or Austin. Plenty of stuff there for ladies to spend money on!

My Cimarron .44 Special SAA was bought at Texas Jack's on clearance. I guess nobody wanted that non-western cartridge, so they dropped the price considerably to move it out. I wandered in the door and snapped it up. I eventually found a Uberti .44-40 cylinder in-the-white, and fitted and finished it later.

xtm

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice revolver :D .oh on the museum they are building a new section on while we were down there.it is a must see if your in the area.
pete

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Sharp-looking gun, xt! kfjdrfirii
txpete, been to Fredericksburg...Our daughter and son-in-law used to live in Austin, and whenever we went out there we did some traveling in the hill country.
Neat area.
By the way, somebody once said that the best description of Austin is
94 square miles surrounded by common sense :lol:
Don

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 on austin.nothing but freaks and dem-0-rats down there :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: .
pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts