Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to have a size chart for Texan shell holders. I need a cross reference chart. A chart that will list which numbers on the shell holders will cross to a cal.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
682 Posts
Jim,

I used to have a Texan C-press and used RCBS and Pacific shell holders in it. I have an old Handloader Digest from 1968 that has a little bit of Texan product shown in it. I think that Texan used the same shell holders as Rotex. A few items in the book are marked Rotex-Texan. The book does have Rotex listed in a shell holder cross-reference. If that would help I'll make a copy for you. I can't guarantee that it is accurate.

Heathen

·
Registered
682 Posts
Jim, I was going to send an e-mail but I can't figure out how to attach the scans through this e-mail here. Send me an e-mail and I will attach the scans. Put something in the header about Texan Shell Holder so I will recognize it. I've got an agressive spam blocker. I did find a Texan cross-reference in a 1982 Lyman book and have it scanned.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Heathen
This is what I'm dealing with I have a few new Texan shell holders. Some are multiples of the same numbers. And some I have figured out just by using cartridges I have on hand. They are pretty nice shell holders. And are the same size as RCBS ones. The #11 in the press is for 9mm. Email on the way.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
682 Posts
Jim,

I sent 3 e-mails (had to break it up due to file size) but got failure to deliver notifications back from [email protected] Just list what shell holders you have and I will tell you what they fit.

The #11 was for .38 ACP and .38 Super. Texan recommended the #16 for 9MM Luger.

Heathen

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you tell me anything about the spent primer catcher in the second photo?

It looks like it would really work...

Thanks

Chuck

[/quote]

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Heathen
On this set of shell holders. No way is a .38 acp or super going to fit in the #11 shell holder. The .38 will not even come close to going into the shell holder a 9mm fits perfectly. I imagine Texan used a proprietary numbering system. One day I'll figure it out. These extra shell holders come in very handy.
I have #1 through #18 and #30

Hi Chuck
The primer catcher works great. It is the standard primer catcher that comes with the rock chucker supreme press. In the parts listing The catcher shows up as a two piece part #109145 Primer catcher front and #109146 Primer catcher rear. The primer catcher works great. I use the rock chucker to do a lot of decapping and sizing work. That little plastic catcher works great. It just slips off and makes it easy to empty. Last night I filled the catcher up two times. It was just emptied for the picture.
Jim

·
Registered
682 Posts
Jim,

That #18 is an unusual one - 45 Auto Rim!! The number 30 is probably for a .30 M1 Carbine.

I've got the pages printed out from my scanner. I'll take them to work tomorrow and run them through our work copier and compress them. I don't know why but my home scanner wants to make these 11-12 megs/page files. It is probably because it was designed to copy photographs. There is no adjustment to lower the resolution that I've found. I'll send the file home and try to send again tomorrow night. If that doesn't work, just send me your mailing address and I will mail the pages.

Heathen

·
Registered
406 Posts
Jim said:
Would anyone happen to have a size chart for Texan shell holders. I need a cross reference chart. A chart that will list which numbers on the shell holders will cross to a cal.
Thanks
Jim
You might also post this question at handloads.com ....... someone over there might have the chart.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I was starting to wonder if the e-mail went through last night. I tend to accumulate old loading info and equipment. I had some older data that linked some Rotex and Texan shell holders but it was sketchy. Glad I could help.

Heathen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts