Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a buddy offer me a Model 622. I don't know a darn thing about them. What is good price, is it a decent plinker, any pictures would be appreciated. What should I know about the little goober before buying? I'm a revolver guy at heart, the only S&W auto I know much about is the 41.

Thanks for the help!

The Highlander

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi Highlander,

The 622 is a stainless/Aluminum version of the 422 blue steel / aluminum semi auto pistol. I have had a 422 since they first came out in 1987. It is my most used 22 S&W pistol. The 622 came out in 1989 and gave stainless steel and plated aluminum duability over the blue and blackened Aluminum. I finally bought a 622 a couple years ago. I find that it is as reliable as my 422. Obviously the trigger pull is better on a model 41 but then there is big price difference. The 422 / 622 is a very nice plinker. There are those that do not like the lightness of it but my wife prefers it to all the others that I own.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I got mine 2 years ago for under $200 without magazines, box or paper, but I would think that that up to $300 might be ok.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
If I could lay my hands on one for $250 or less I would break my arm reaching for my wallet. I foolishly traded one away about 15 years ago. kufO

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Not a 622, but my 422, $229.00 about a year and half ago. This thing eats anything I put in it and is very acturate if I do my part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts