·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Friends don't let friends own Taurus! j;zn;

Especially in .41 mag! jagap[a

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hey Shep, I'll see your one and raise ya one.

Both 41 mag. 5 shot Trackers but the 4" one is the Titanium model. One of the best packing guns I own and it weighs less than the fixed sight snubby! Remarkably it shoots as well as my 3" 657.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Shep, I'll see your one and raise ya one.

Both 41 mag. 5 shot Trackers but the 4" one is the Titanium model. One of the best packing guns I own and it weighs less than the fixed sight snubby! Remarkably it shoots as well as my 3" 657.
What kind of grips are on the snub?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
What kind of grips are on the snub?
Them are Ho-Maid . As I have no inletting skills they are actually 5 pieces laminated together. Easy enough but kind of step laden and time consuming. Came out very recoil comfortable but with the heaver loads (who needs those anyway) capable of being a trigger guard / knuckle banger.
I am not fond of the ribbed factory grips, comfortable enough to shoot but way too sticky on clothes and stuff.
The grips on the 4" are of course Hogue's and are also a huge improvement.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not any trouble with any Taurus that I have owned. I`ve heard stories about clunkers they have shipped, but I`ve never run across one.
They are not in the same class as a Smith, but as you said, there are worse guns out there.
Here is one that might take 1st place as the worst.

CLERKE 1ST .32 S&W LONG : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

I had one of these Clerke 1st revolvers in 22 caliber. Bought it at a yard back in the 80s for $5. Figured it was worth that much as a paper weight.
When I was a kid I had cap guns that were made better.
The front of the frame is held on with sheet metal screws. I had such confidence in it that I clamped it to a saw horse and pulled the trigger with a long string. :)
It would actually go off about 1 out of 3 times. I used it for a paper weight for a while after I soldered the cylinder pin so it could not be loaded.
One time when I was talking to the local sheriff, I told him about it. He asked if I would sell it. I gave it to him. For a while he had it hanging from the rear view mirror of his patrol car.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Like my Model 58 , it's probably best left to shooting .41 Specials rather than full-tilt magnums.

And yes Virginia , there is a .41 Special!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts