Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Taurus 692 available in 3 calibers in the same revolver is an innovative idea. It has a 38 Special/357 Magnum Cylinder and a 9mm Cylinder. This allows shooters to practice with inexpensive 9mm ammo and carry 357 Magnum for serious work.

My questions are this?

Since they are being sold, why aren’t there any user reviews?

I wonder why S&W doesn’t consider a quality competitive revolver with the same capability?

https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/revolvers/692/

These are some of the spec’s on it.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Would it suffer an appreciable accuracy difference when shooting 9mm because of the bore size?

Depends on the bullets used whether the .002 difference in bore would matter. Soft bullets should expand enough to grab the rifling but that eliminates to cheaper 9mm ammo... & most of the point of the extra cylinder. They would likely have a different impact point than .357's also requiring a sight adjustment for each caliber.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Its a Taurus. Never Ever compare a Taurus to a Smith Wesson . !! There is no comparison. !! Reason no reviews ?? Friends don't let Friends buy a Taurus !! PERIOD
Gee. I could not have said it better myself. I really like the “Friend” part.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
There is a nominal difference in diameter, in theory. The 9mm is large enough to easily engage the rifling, it may even be large enough to contact the bottom of the rifling grooves. Without measuring the bore, it is impossible to know what the actual diameter of the bore is.

Kevin

·
Registered
392 Posts
Its a Taurus. Never Ever compare a Taurus to a Smith Wesson . !! There is no comparison. !! Reason no reviews ?? Friends don't let Friends buy a Taurus !! PERIOD
I was once a gun snob like you but I lived and learned. My first handgun was a lowly used Hi-Point that was a good gun in spite of the bashing you gun snobs gave it. I replaced it with a Smith and Wesson and traded the Hi-Point for a Taurus revolver to see it it was as bad as you gun snobs kept telling everyone. It was a good and reliable gun so I bit the bullet and bought a new Taurus that was also OK. I now have 2 Taurus revolvers and 3 semi-automatics that are all reliable. I still have my two S&W and a couple of Rugers. All of my handguns, including a lowly SCCY and Charter Arms are good guns but I can buy two or three Taurus, Charter Arms or SCCY for the cost of one S&W or Ruger.

·
Registered
392 Posts
We're all entitled to our opinions and encouraged to express them. But, kindly remember this is a Smith and Wesson forum. So, there's that.
(namecallingnotnecessary)
We're supposed to stand silent when someone trashes and bashes another brand that is not Smith and Wesson? I thought that only applied to Glock forums.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
We're supposed to stand silent when someone trashes and bashes another brand that is not Smith and Wesson? I thought that only applied to Glock forums.
Mr. osbornk: I'll thank you not to misrepresent my position. That's a strawman tactic. I specifically said you are entitled to your opinions and encouraged to express them. What I object to is calling people names. Calling forum members "gun snobs" for having a different opinion will likely achieve the same result as calling a group of people "deplorables". Trash or defend a brand all you want, but let's not make it personal. OK?

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Keep this civil people. It is important to understand others perspectives without getting into verbal opposition with each other. If problems start up, this thread will get shut down. Let's leave the conversations to the OP's original statements and questions.

As for me, I wouldn't even own a Taurus handgun if it was offered to me as a gift. Their manufacturing and quality control history speaks for itself.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts