Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been using them for almost a year now. I wasnt reloading for 10mm when I started shooting it because I didnt know if I would love the cartridge and didnt want to invest the money in dies and components so I was getting it from them.

I also like to try different loads and I dont load my .357 to factory pop so every now and again I will order several boxes of factory stuff to shoot on rare occasions.

I dont load my own SD ammo for any cartridge and I dont load 9mm because it can be had so cheap and I load on a single stage.

targetsportsusa.com not only has great prices especially on bulk but fast clean shipping. I joined their prime club which I think was a bit under $100 for the year and you get reduced pricing, free shipping and "a secret gift" once a year. I did it only for the reduced pricing and free shipping and let me tell you .. I would have spent triple that on shipping alone. Because of the free shipping I feel free to get 3 boxes of this and 4 boxes of that to try out and dont feel the need to get case loads.

So I completely forgot about the "free gift" as I figured it would probably be a calendar or something equally as worthless.

So today .. ups shows up . I wasnt expecting anything .. It was my Free gift.

Hmmmmm .. box was heavy?! Inside was a steel ammo can with Federal across the side. On the small side but all steel with a rubber weather strip and pretty damn sweet. A blackhawk tee shirt .. havent checked the size, a targetsports keychain bottle opener, a bunch of stickers and .. a 50rd box of Fed158gr hydra shok JHP for .357!!!

I love surprise presents and that was a neat little gift box.

So they hooked me and I will probably renew the prime membership next year. For me it was worth it. Large variety of stuff over a large cost scale from Cheap to exotic.

If you havent looked at them .. you should
Alex

DSCF1282.JPG

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I wish all surprises were that nice, enjoy ��.

Reactions: jeepnut and Boriqua

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
One of my ex CPD friends turned me on to them years ago. Great seller.

Reactions: jeepnut and Boriqua

·
Registered
9,257 Posts
I have been using them for almost a year now. I wasnt reloading for 10mm when I started shooting it because I didnt know if I would love the cartridge and didnt want to invest the money in dies and components so I was getting it from them.

I also like to try different loads and I dont load my .357 to factory pop so every now and again I will order several boxes of factory stuff to shoot on rare occasions.

I dont load my own SD ammo for any cartridge and I dont load 9mm because it can be had so cheap and I load on a single stage.

targetsportsusa.com not only has great prices especially on bulk but fast clean shipping. I joined their prime club which I think was a bit under $100 for the year and you get reduced pricing, free shipping and "a secret gift" once a year. I did it only for the reduced pricing and free shipping and let me tell you .. I would have spent triple that on shipping alone. Because of the free shipping I feel free to get 3 boxes of this and 4 boxes of that to try out and dont feel the need to get case loads.

So I completely forgot about the "free gift" as I figured it would probably be a calendar or something equally as worthless.

So today .. ups shows up . I wasnt expecting anything .. It was my Free gift.

Hmmmmm .. box was heavy?! Inside was a steel ammo can with Federal across the side. On the small side but all steel with a rubber weather strip and pretty damn sweet. A blackhawk tee shirt .. havent checked the size, a targetsports keychain bottle opener, a bunch of stickers and .. a 50rd box of Fed158gr hydra shok JHP for .357!!!

I love surprise presents and that was a neat little gift box.

So they hooked me and I will probably renew the prime membership next year. For me it was worth it. Large variety of stuff over a large cost scale from Cheap to exotic.

If you havent looked at them .. you should
Alex

View attachment 448151
I have been using them for a few years now; I haven't joined their prime membership because I tend to buy by the case and get the free shipping anyway -BUT for those of you starting out and don't know what works, the fact that you get wholesale pricing and free shipping on any order, even just one box, is a great deal..........

Reactions: jeepnut and lesptr

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had to check .. so I went to Lucky Gunner and 2 boxes of Remington HTP .357 158 gr SJHP with shipping would have cost me

I paid at the time from Targetsportsusa for the same order

So on the one shipment I saved

Now that was with the prime but .. I probably made at least 12 orders from Targetsports over the last 10 months so the <$100 paid for itself easily

Now I just looked and the ammo they sent with my surprise gift box is some $30+ a box minus shipping. The ammo can, tee shirt and other swag while cool is just swag but the ammo is a real deal offering with a price.

Yea .. I am going to keep using them

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Target Sports USA is among the few online vendors that are willing to support Californian's by shipping ammo to those with an exemption to California's new restrictive ammo purchasing law. People here with a C&R (type 3) FFL and a valid California COE (Certificate of Eligibility), are exempted, and can purchase ammo online and and still legally have it shipped directly to them, instead of needing to have it shipped to an authorized ammo vendor here for a background check and transfer.

Many other vendors, such a Midway USA, turned their back on us and refuse to sell to legally entitled people, while other's such as Brownell's and Target Sports USA, were quick to embrace ammo sales to exempted persons.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Time for you patriots to bail on Ca. It is a lost cause.
Agreed... and that's been our plan, but the Wife's continued health issues have delayed our departure plans.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also haven't joined their prime club since all of my orders have been for full case lots of 9mm and shipping is free at that volume. On top of the free shipping their case prices are at least as good and generally better than any other supplier I've checked. Delivery has been prompt too.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I also haven't joined their prime club since all of my orders have been for full case lots of 9mm and shipping is free at that volume.
I haven't either, for the same reason, though what I'm mainly buying is .22LR. What is the average discount when one has a Prime membership? Just don't think I'm buying enough to justify the $95 cost. What's killing me now is having to pay sales tax due to that rotten, criminal, Supreme Court ruling!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't either, for the same reason, though what I'm mainly buying is .22LR. What is the average discount when one has a Prime membership? Just don't think I'm buying enough to justify the $95 cost. What's killing me now is having to pay sales tax due to that rotten, criminal, Supreme Court ruling!
Yea the tax thing really does suck!! I had gotten over it with Amazon because it was about physical presence but now ebay is charging tax also and ... it kinda takes the fun out of things!

If you are only buying case lots and getting the free shipping I dont think its enough of a savings to justify the prime. I think I save about 2 bucks or so on a 50rd box of .357 with the prime pricing. For me it was all about the shipping. It may sound silly but while I am not starving to death I am more cautious with how much cash I have on hand since those checks arent rolling in once a week. It just feels better to buy ammo as I need it and keep a small reserve rather than lay out $350+ on a one time purchase. Yea .. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but .. I can always justify spending $60 on some ammo I use infrequently at any given time over a case lot layout at once. If I sell a belt or sheath or something I can just pick up some ammo and I dont see the hit at the bank account and I just feel better.

But ... I just about always find that pricing with Tasrgetsportsusa is better at their full price than just about any other online retailer and then I get a couple bucks off on top of that, its clear whats in stock and what is not, I usually have my stuff in no more than a week and I like that you can get notified on certain ammo if its out.

·
Registered
9,257 Posts
As I said earlier; where the prime shines is the ability to buy one box of different types to see what your guns like best and get a discount AND free shipping.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Just joined their membership plan. $95 for one year. Free shipping on any size ammo order, not just big stuff. They had Federal 556 available 1000 rounds for $399.99. Membership took $32 off this order. (So membership actually cost about $65.

Now I can order one box of 44 Special and not pay shipping!! Plus the Mystery box of ammo oince a year. Even the wife agreed!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just received 2 boxes of 180 gr Fed hst 40S&W for the new sig. I dont make my own defensive ammo. Cost at targetsposrtsusa with prime

$79.29 which included Tax, Insurance, Overbox and shipping

For giggles went to Lucky gunner
Same exact order with all the same details
$105.37

That prime will pay for itself fast if you use it for a little of this and a little of that!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts