Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,721 Posts
Holy cow Bill, I am green with envy!! I have to add one to my collection. I started buying handguns about 3 years ago so I am a relative newbie. I missed out on a nice K-22 by a day a few months ago, but did manage to get a 617 a few weeks ago. I will get one added to my collection when I find another for the right price.

G

·
Guess we finally know the reason why the price has been skyrocketing. :mrgreen:

Nice line up, Amigo. Was out shooting one of mine all afternoon. Something about them. Truly believe they are the finest handgun line that S&W produced in the smaller frames.

giz

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Bill, That's a great assortment of the gun that made Smith & Wesson money and friends!
Good for you...it appears you've adopted a wonderful 'family'.
fnovnpoa
Don

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Pleased to make your acquaintance Bill.

To be called a "character" by Dick Burg is quite a compliment. "Attitude?".... well maybe so, but I've come by it honestly....

I look forward to further correspondance with you on this topic. I've drifted away from K-22's of late chasing big framed, big bore, pre-war Smiths, but your post has reminded me just how much I really like my little Masterpieces.

Perhaps one of these days I'll dig out all my K-22's for a family snapshot... first I'll need to put the extra leaf in my dining room table....

I don't have any silver ones though.... :cool:

Enjoy your day.

Drew

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hello RdrBill
That is one Impressive Gathering of K-22's. To me, The K-22 was S&W's Bread & Butter revolver. Even an inexperienced shooter will see Positive results on Target with a K-22 and many Young shooters start out with The Famous K-22 as being their first revolver they ever shoot. It has made many Young shooters Loyal users aftewards as well. Thank's for Taking the time to Post Such a Great Picture of your K-22 Herd that one would be hard to improve on or beat in my Book... Hammerdown

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I collect those things. Kinda hard to do when you live at the a$$ end of the civilized world. I've managed to pick up a few. My interest lies in early post-war revolvers. 1946 to 1949. Nothing as early as K 117 but, a couple in the three digit serial range and several in the four digit numbers. Working at it out here in the desert SW takes a lot of time and a lot more luck than I have a right to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.