Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm back in the big city that used to resemble Houston I'm gonna switch from my S&W m12
to my Colt Commander.
Colt on my hip and a Glock 17 in the briefcase or Jeep console.
Model 12 regulated to a bedside piece.
All these thugs travel in groups these days and are bold as hell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Commander is, of course, a great choice, but I'm a mite confused...

You are going to "switch from my S&W m12 to my Colt Commander" ?

I thought all Texicans, even women and children, toted nothing but .45s ;)

With the occasional .44WCF thrown in ;) :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Quarter Cherokee said:
I've carried a 1911 all my life; it hasn't let me down.
I used to LOVE the 1911.

Then I tried an early German Made SIG220 and now I only LIKE them.

QC you ever run a 220?

If you want, I'll loan you one of mine on our next Golobite Safari, but you have to bring your own hydrogen plasma filled hollow points.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Hey Drew,

Most days I know you are just kidding with all that space alien crap.

Most days.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Forester said:
Hey Drew,

Most days I know you are just kidding with all that space alien crap.

Most days.

Crap? Shaun, mi Amigo, It's not Crap.

The Golobites are taking over this country one Senate Seat at a time.... once they've got complete control they're going to mine off all of the Roquefort Cheese, Ritz Crackers and Mineral Water and leave this planet a dried husk run by Democrats and other Moonbats.

Only a few rolls of Extra Strength Reynold's Wrap stand between them and complete Planetary Domination.....

I for one am building an escape pod in my basement, just in case, to blast me to my combination bombshelter and beachfront retreat deep in the Zandar System on the planet Mondo.... Ron Reagan Jr. has the Bungalow next door and we often get together, drink a few beers and channel his dad....

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts

No offense intended Drew. Crap was just another word for stuff. Save some room for me in your escape pod, OK?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Forester said:

Save some room for me in your escape pod, OK?
Oh Nutz..... Now I'll have to enlarge the crop circles and make a bigger launch pad.... :p

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yep, old buddy, I've got me one of them Sig 220 blasters - and a 226. The grips are just too big for my little bitty hands to grip comfortably. The 1911 single stack is just about right, ergonomically speaking. (J. M. Browning must have had small hands, too.) Even the High Power is more comfortable than the Sig 220 or 226.

Small hands and stubby fingers! *Sigh* You're right, though, that 220 is a whole lot of fun to shoot.

Oh, watch that Shaun feller, you never can trust them Earthlings. Fragile, centrifugal creatures, full of pus and custard. They make great pets, though.

·
Registered
37 Posts

The Beretta 8045mini is my favorite of all my pistols.
The best of both worlds in my opinion.
It's the softest shooting .45 I've ever used.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Used to be Texans carried 45's because they didn't make a 46. Now they make a 46, that's the good news. The bad news is you have to put wheels on it. . .Me, I like the government model Colt.
d
with attached drum, Load on Sunday, shoot all week.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Amen B B: A Border Patrolman from Alpine told me that old line "cause they don't make a 46!", many years ago. It was the first time I'd heard it, and no argument there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts