Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amid fears over a potential second wave of the novel coronavirus across Europe, new infections in Sweden, where full lockdown measures were not implemented, have mostly declined since late June.

Meanwhile, other parts of Europe have reported large spikes in new cases over the same period, including Spain, France, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands, which have seen increases between 40 and 200 percent over the last month, according to the latest WHO report Wednesday.

Last week Anders Tegnell, the chief epidemiologist at Sweden's public health agency, who has led the country's COVID-19 response, said the nation's controversial anti-lockdown strategy has been a success "to a great extent," in an interview with UnHerd.

"We are now seeing rapidly falling cases, we have continuously had healthcare that has been working, there have been free beds at any given time, never any crowding in the hospitals.

"The failure [of the strategy] has of course been the death toll…that has been very much related to the long-term care facilities in Sweden. Now that has improved, we see a lot less cases in those facilities," Tegnell said.

When asked whether having a lockdown in Sweden could have made a difference on the impact of the outbreak, Tegnell told UnHerd: "It would have made maybe some difference, we don't know…we also have to look at what are the negative effect of lockdowns, and that has not been done very much so far."

More here: https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-which-never-had-lockdown-sees-covid-19-cases-plummet-rest-europe-suffers-spike-1521626

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Fauci is a lifer Government employee and a Deep State guy

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
Herd immunity works. Apparently Fauci never learned this.
You are about as qualified to make that asinine statement as Biden is to claim he's an honest politician. Gimme a break.... :rolleyes:

Sweden is mostly rural so the population density is much less and Swedes don't wander the world like the rest of the Europeans do. Having little concentrated population density, it's understandable that they have fewer cases but that don't mean they won't in the future.

So tell me, how's the Covid doing in the Land of Lincoln? Bet not all that peachy.

Calling other members a turd is not going to be allowed.

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
When I look at and listen to Fauci, I keep getting the impression that there is an underlying motive for his comments and actions and it's not for the good of the population or the current President either. I keep getting the distinct feeling that his allegiance is in the Democrat party and it's bosses and not with the American people, unless they are Democrat and anti Trump. Brix, not so much. Brix, to me, acts like a follower and she's following Fauci's lead. Brix does and says what the 'boss' wants and Trump ain't the boss, Fauci is.

I'd like to see Fauci get replaced with a panel of experts so there can always be a consensus of opinion on what to do and how to act on Covid, instead of just Fauci. I think Fauci has become intoxicated with his new found fame and powers and it's clouded his judgement. He needs to be replaced, the sooner, the better, not just for the people but for Trump himself and his aspirations of getting relected in November.

Fauci exhibits the classic 'Little Man Syndrome'... Bad pizza.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sweden has done a terrible job with far too many deaths.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
That darned natural herd immunity is so flawed:
  • It doesn't support massive government assertion of "control" over "subjects"
  • It doesn't support massive government transfer payments to "researchers"
  • It doesn't support massive government transfer payments to newly dependent "subjects" thrown out of work
  • It doesn't add multiple trillions of dollars to our government debt
  • It doesn't finance the pharmaceutical industry or the expense of vaccines, potentially putting lobbyists out of work
Yeah... that natural herd immunity just wouldn't serve the "Deep State" or the increase of power of the Leftist Democrat political machine that created, perpetuated and supports it.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
My wife and I did not lock down and went about our business best we could. We are in our mid sixties and are fine. We even had a new Kitchen floor put in this past Tuesday and nobody was wearing a mask. We are planning to go out to dinner this evening after church. Life goes on, God Bless.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My wife and I did not lock down and went about our business best we could. We are in our mid sixties and are fine. We even had a new Kitchen floor put in this past Tuesday and nobody was wearing a mask. We are planning to go out to dinner this evening after church. Life goes on, God Bless.
Similarly, we replaced all the windows on the front of the house. Didn't require anyone to wear a mask, just don't walk on the carpet in dirty shoes.

Wore a neck gaiter at the indoor shootin' range Monday (don't want to make trouble for our LGS) but not at the dentist. Wore the gaiter to the hospital for a blood test yesterday but they didn't like it and gave us their version to wear.

The hospital is the one place that does worry me.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Speaking of Yale, they’re doing a study on how to sell the vaccine. If it’s so great, why do they need a fancy Ivy League college to figure out how to sell it?

Example: “Guilt message
1/15 of the sample will be assigned to this message. The message is about the danger that COVID-19 presents to the health of one's family and community. The best way to protect them is by getting vaccinated and society must work together to get enough people vaccinated. Then it asks the participant to imagine the guilt they will feel if they don't get vaccinated and spread the disease.

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Speaking of Yale, they’re doing a study on how to sell the vaccine. If it’s so great, why do they need a fancy Ivy League college to figure out how to sell it?
Because like any other vaccine there are folks who question the need, effectiveness or fear getting sick from it.

CDC conducts flu vaccination campaigns every year. They target children, adults, parents, pregnant mothers, old people, race... on and on... they even have ad campaigns for doctors to convince their patients to get a vaccine. Countless ads.

Just a couple samples

General vaccine ad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts