Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok lets see if i can get this stright.
i own a 9ve and a buddy owns the 40ve
are the frames and slide rails the same and can i put the 9ve on the 40ve frame and slide and put the 40ve on the 9ve frame and slide?

so i think to really make it short is the difference between the two just the barrels

i know 9 cant shoot a 40 and a 40 cant shoot a 9

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I don't know that much about Sigmas except that they have undergone several in-line changes over the years to enhance reliability and ease manufacturing... I have no idea if these changes prevent interchangeability or not.

I do know however that we are glad to have you here and thank you for your first post!

Welcome!

Drew

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Try it and let us know! The worst that will happen is a failure to feed, failure to eject, or a failure to fire. It also won't hurt anything to *try* to mount the slide on the opposite frame. Seriously doubt that you will blow yourself up.

The magazine wells should be the same also...

Good luck,
Chris

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not according to OKFC on the other forum. He answered the exact same question yesterday I believe. He said something to the effect of the magazines wouldn't work.

I found what he said about it:

"Yes the frames are different. I have both the 9 and .40 Sigmas, and you can't make one into the other by swapping parts. The 9 frame will not accept a .40 magazine and the 9 magazine rattles around in the .40 frame. Not safe to try."

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't swap parts and try to fire it. I've run a 9mm into a 4003, not on purpose, and it functioned ok. I would be leery of trying to run a 40S&W into a 9mm. If it somehow went off, the bullet would not be completely chambered and bad things would probably happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts