Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my sw40ve a week ago and I've already put 400 rounds through it. When I first cleaned it out of the box I noticed that the slide has a little play side to side when not retracted. Is this normal? If I apply pressure side to side on the rear of the slide there isn't hardly any movement but the front of the slide has play. It just seems that the slide/barrel would move while im firing.

I've also noticed that I have to be very careful when mounting the slide back on the frame....The back of the slide sometimes hits the steel round supporter if I'm not careful.

I'm just paranoid that my gun is defected. please someone help me out and give me some insight. Thanks

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
make sure that the recoil spring is seated properly between the bbl and the slide. it should be sitting on the lowest bbl notch, and the rod inside the spring should appear perfectly level horizontally. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info fellas. I think its totally normal but I wanted to be sure. I just put another 250 rounds through it today...Fed my Federal Hydra shocks beatifully with no issues. I think ima check out how the ball rounds feed... I think my next purchase will be the M&P 45 C as my carry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
squirrel1986 said:
I just got my sw40ve a week ago and I've already put 400 rounds through it. When I first cleaned it out of the box I noticed that the slide has a little play side to side when not retracted. Is this normal? If I apply pressure side to side on the rear of the slide there isn't hardly any movement but the front of the slide has play. It just seems that the slide/barrel would move while im firing.

I've also noticed that I have to be very careful when mounting the slide back on the frame....The back of the slide sometimes hits the steel round supporter if I'm not careful.

I'm just paranoid that my gun is defected. please someone help me out and give me some insight. Thanks
Sorry to hear your gun "defected". Did it go to Cuba or North Korea? Haha I'm so funny. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts