Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we are supposed to find a holster that is model specific, but its fairly difficult to find one for the SW40VE. I have found a few options.

My question is, are the SD and SW similar enough to use a SD holster for a SW holster. I'm looking and concealed and kydex material.

Thanks in advace!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't speak to the SD series, but can offer this: I have a SW40VE and acquired a Fobus HK1 paddle holster for it, and it fits perfectly.
I open carry on our rural property, but I don't CC and it's not a IWB holster, so if you want IWB, you'll need to find a different solution. But as I understand it, if the holster fits the HK USP (compact and full) and/or the Walther PPS M2, or certain Ruger Semi-Autos (SR40, SR 9, SR9C) the the holster will likely fit the SW40VE.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
19,707 Posts
Look for a Tagua holster for it. They're very well made, and affordable. Many shops carry their lineup for that reason alone.
You just need to look for a "Sigma" series pistol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
gearchecker I'm a sucker for leather products....some might call that being a luddite. lol I think our OP specified a KYDEX holster. That being said, Tagua certainly looks like they have some great products. But the only S&W they seemed to spec is the M&P line from what I saw. YMMV.

To the OP, this is directly from their website, and no I in no way am under the employ of Fobus. I purchased my HK1 holster through Amazon...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts