Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last two months, I figured that the lack of primers and powders was just a bump in the road. Now, I'm not so sure. Primers are really hard to get. Unique and Bullseye are getting harder to buy locally. Is there a real problem, or is everyone still hoarding supplies?

Giz

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Have not seen any Unique around here in months. Randall's, up in Glendale {best shop in the valley, if only for the people there}, have had a hard time getting stuff for months. Having a Cabelas less than 20 miles away is no help, they are short on everything too {that place is nuts on weekends}. They had no large magnum rifle primers of any brand a couple weeks ago. We have a Sportsmans Warehouse in north Phoenix, but their reloading isle is about bare. Mesa {hour drive from here} has a Bass Pro Shop, but have not seen/heard what it's like over there.
Barb has been down and out for a while {valley fever and a change in her meds for fibromyalgia} and I have not got too far away from home. Maybe Monday I'll get a chance to go into town.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
I don't reload, but I have seen the ammo shortages. Little by little the stuff is starting to come in. I think it will settle down and be back to normal. (What ever normal is)

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
I am soooo glad I stocked up about a year ago.. It was expensive at the time, but well worth it now.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carl,

During the entire election cycle, I did the same. As it became apparent that Obama/Biden was the ticket, I redoubled my effort. There were a few threads debating the subject at the time. Wonder what the naysayer are thinking now.....?

giz

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I think its about hoarding Giz. A few months ago I could pretty much walk in and get anything I needed, even when a lot of you were noting things were looking bare, but now my main shop tells me they can't keep up with the sales. No Unique, Bullseye, no 2400, and the primers shelf is starting to look empty. They get it in and its gone in 2 days.
I

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Got into Cabelas today. Still no Unique and they had all the primers you could want. As long as you wanted 209 shotgun primers. They had two boxes of CCI small magnum pistol primers. A good amount of Hogdon powder, as long as you wanted H110. They did have a huge pile of bulk packaged ammo in all the hot calibers, 223, 308, 7.62X39. Never looked at the price of the ammo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts