Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out between rain storms today and got to the range. I found out that if you use the range website to reserve a time on the range you get a free silhouette target already up on the range for you.
I had my 2 M&P9's out, both v.1.0, one is a full size, the other a compact, but I got an adapter and was shooting it with a 17rd mag.
They are both sweet shooters, reliable, nice triggers, good sights, accurate and problem free. I brought Blazer Brass ammo with me so both were shooting the same thing. The 9c was easier to keep on target, it shot much more accurately. I really like the M&P pistols. Solid, reliable handguns, well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hey potmetal. It's interesting that you found you shot the compact a little better. At one point I had an XD service (4") and a XD subcompact with the pinky extension both in .40.

I always shot the sub a bit better. While extra weight and a longer snout are usually tauted as beneficial to good shooting ... there is something to be said for being able to almost envelope a smaller gun in your hands.

My mother came out to visit years ago and as a good Arizona immigrant I took her shooting. Never touched a gun in her life. She was probably 65 at the time. Let her try probably 7 different guns. Her favorite and the one she shot best ... that little .40

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Glad you got out and had a good range trip. I also have a full size M&P and a tricked out compact. In defensive type shooting, I tend to do better with the compact, but I attribute that to the big Trijicon front sight. Very easy to see with old bad eyes.
M&P 9C-002.jpg

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
Great day at the range. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you had a good day and are pleased with your firearms.:)

Reactions: potmetal
1 - 5 of 5 Posts