Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know some men shy away from hunting but not me.
Loaded up the 44 mag and waited for the game to come to the bait. Didn't have to wait long.

I've watched Jim Shockey's hunting show enough to be successful at taking wild game as this graphic photo proves.

Yep. Ol' GGF is gonna put his name in the lottery for the fall elk hunt.

I think I'm ready.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Did you have to track him many miles ?Should have used hollow points that would have killed him better.Did you get him where you could skid him down to a road or did you have have to quarter him up and pack him out.Looks like you will get some good size steaks and roasts off him.Better make sure you double wrap the meat so it dont freezer burn. Should be able to eat on him for year.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
LO! He Slew The Mighty Beast!

I hear they're good stuffed with roasted oysters and wild rice....

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
You could stuff an old shoe with roasted oysters and wild rice....and it'd taste good!!! :lol: Bob

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I've done that Bob.... Stuffed an Old Shoe that is.....

The Oysters did help....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the kind replies!
Onenut58 I skid the big males out with mules, these little females I pull out of the woods with a four-wheeler.

Maybe I can get another one tonight with a .357!?! :shock:

·
Registered
84 Posts
My wife and I have killed a lot of snakes and taken a lot of small game for the pot with the Speer shotshells.

We have taken squirrel, rabbit, quail, and grouse. They work a lot farther out than you might think.

The 45 ACP Speer shot shells work as good as the 44's.

The 38 and 9mm do work good on snakes, my wife killed a near 6 foot snake just last week with a Speer 38 shot shell in her Centennial.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
You sure a 357 is enough gun for that big a critter.Might just wound him and have to track him into some place he is hard to pack out. Wont be able to get the four wheeler or mules in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts