Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One frustrating thing about shopping for rail-mounted handgun lights / lasers is the lack of useful information about how they actually sit mounted on any particular firearm.

Sure, if you have Glock 19, you're good, since all of the manufacturers use that gun in their product photos.

So, as a "public service" ;), here are photos of the Streamlight TLR8 mounted on a 4.25" M&P 2.0 9mm and on a Shield 9EZ:

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
As I said in an earlier post I'm getting my CC permit but have to wait until May 20 for my appointment. So I'm thinking of buying a S&W shield 9mm for carry. Nice M&P's BTW. Do you carry one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said in an earlier post I'm getting my CC permit but have to wait until May 20 for my appointment. So I'm thinking of buying a S&W shield 9mm for carry. Nice M&P's BTW. Do you carry one?
Thanks.

Yes, I carry the Shield 9EZ. I bought the EZ due to my wife's arthritis. After some initial reliability angst that turned out to be roughly-finished magazines, it has been 100% reliable. I've put almost 600 rounds through it so far.

The "full size" 4.25" M&P 2.0 9mm resides in a bed-side safe for home defense. I have carried it also, but the EZ is more comfortable and easier to conceal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a 9mm Shield, and like it a lot. I carry it occassionally. It's also the only semi-auto I have that is small enough to comfortably conceal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks.

Yes, I carry the Shield 9EZ. I bought the EZ due to my wife's arthritis. After some initial reliability angst that turned out to be roughly-finished magazines, it has been 100% reliable. I've put almost 600 rounds through it so far.

The "full size" 4.25" M&P 2.0 9mm resides in a bed-side safe for home defense. I have carried it also, but the EZ is more comfortable and easier to conceal.
I just racked the slide on my normal Shield, and it is fairly stiff. No problem for me, but I can imagine how the EZ is helpful for some.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just racked the slide on my normal Shield, and it is fairly stiff. No problem for me, but I can imagine how the EZ is helpful for some.
Yeah. I have no problem with the full-size M&P 2.0, which I bought for home defense, but my wife couldn't rack it. I store it in a bed-side safe with a round in the chamber, so if she needs to use it, she shouldn't have to rack it, at least not for the first 18 rounds! ;)

When shopping for a smaller pistol for EDC, my wife's difficulty in racking the slide of the full-size, pushed me toward the EZ. She can rack the EZ, but even it is a bit difficult for her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts