Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this unusual little pistol. My wife actually told me to buy it.
It’s an R.J. Braverman Stinger Pen gun. Actually it’s a pen pistol.
It’s not NFA, so I was able to pick it up from a Local Pawn Shop after work yesterday. After a few hours cleaning and polishing it up a little it’s good to go. I have no intention of shooting ti. But it’s a really cool, pistol and the collector value makes it worth owning for now. It’s a .22 LR, single shot, and it even has a safety on it. TO fire it the pistol is pulled apart and then swivels on the hinge pin. A tiny trigger pops out and it’s ready to go if it’s already loaded. To load it you need to open the pistol, put it on safe and then carefully unscrew the barrel from the main body, insert the cartridge then even more carefully screw the barrel back on. There are lots of warnings in the instruction sheets about keeping your fingers and hands clear from the muzzle end. And even more warnings about not pointing it in an unsafe direction. It’s certainly not a good personal protection weapon because it’s way too slow to draw and fire. But it does have a really serious cool factor to it. From what I’ve gathered it was designed and built after one of the original James Bond movies. Q built one for 007 and it became reality shortly after that.
This particular pistol was built some time between 1995 & 1997 when Braveman was building them.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
How very cool....................that's definately a keeper gearchecker.

I ran into one of those a year or two ago and had never seen one before (or since except for yours).

You have something fairly rare.

Regards,

Geezer

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
There was one for sale locally with barrels in .22, .32, and .380. He wanted like $700 for it, I passed.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Here is another one just like it except in .25acp. Along with an R.J. Braverman .32acp revolver.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
You are very cool now ! :cool:

The pen really is mightier than the sword !

Now you're gonna tell me that you're not gonna fire it ? At least once ??

Come on , I won't tell the wife - unless we have to go to the hospital and explain what we were doing with a "pen" ..... :eek:

Regards ,
George

·
Super Moderator
32,969 Posts
Those look like they would be fun to shoot and even more to show off to people. ;)

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Here is another one just like it except in .25acp. Along with an R.J. Braverman .32acp revolver.

That wheel gun is WAY cool. Does it fire from the lower cylinder like the new Rhino does?

·
Registered
881 Posts
That wheel gun is WAY cool. Does it fire from the lower cylinder like the new Rhino does?
Yes, it does fire from the bottom chamber.
Also has a manual safety. Don`t see that very often on a revolver.

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will never fire my pen gun.
GQ

·
Registered
881 Posts
I will never fire my pen gun.
GQ
You are right about it not being a very practical weapon. Slow to put into action and hard to hit anything past point blank range.
But you really should try it out. It is fun.
When fired, since it is round, it will try to twist in your hand.
The best way I`ve found to use it and aim it.
Place your thumb and finger on either side of the barrel (unless your fingers are much longer than mine, there is no danger of your finger being past the muzzle)
and pull the trigger with your middle finger. Aim by simply pointing you finger.
Pay attention to the warnings in the paperwork you got with the gun and do be careful. It`s enough different from any other type of gun that you should pay close
attention to your actions at all times. Just like you did when 1st learning to shoot. Something unfamilure like this always has the potential for risk.

Learn how the safety works. When on, it blocks the firing pin. If you pull the trigger with the safety on, the firing pin will slam into the block. That might deform or
break the firing pin. And I doubt you could find a replacement. Likely have to have someone make one, and likely expensive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought two of them years ago. I gave one away and I'm holding the other one in my safe.

I did a little research recently and they are hard to find. The couple I located were priced at $600!

They aren't hard to shoot and I can hit a can two or three steps away.

If I was a cop, one of these would be in my pocket full-time. If someone should disarm me I might have a last-ditch chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts