Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I suppose its an example of "a high tide raises all boats" but some of what I've seen is just unreasonable. There's a pawn shop here that has a somewhat ratty post war 5-inch M&P for $600. A 4-inch M&P from the mid 50's that is more brown than blue sits beside it in the case and is priced at $450. Also there's a Model 49 there with an overall finish that literally looks like its been "dragged behind a truck" and with the trigger guard caved in and misshapen in a very unsightly way for $395.

Even more mystifying are guns like a worn garden variety Iver Johnson "Sealed Eight" .22 revolver I saw at a recent gun show for $225, or a very average Remington 1100 12 gauge for $650. The worst had to be the cut down Winchester Model 37 A single shot 12 gauge for $175. Seems like one sees a lot of guns that aren't even hot sellers at present yet feature jacked up price tags.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.