Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the LGS today to see if I could get a few boxes of 30-30. No dice...shelf was bare of 30-30...so I checked on 45-70. Only 2 boxes left @ $60.00 each! ( 20 round boxes ). 556 55 gr. 1000 count in ammo boxes @ 1599.00 and they were going out the door 2 and 3 at a time! I don't have a pile of ammo but I also don't have that kind of money to spend on ammo. It really crazy scary out there.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
And going to get even crazier. I'm still not willing to pay over a dollar per round for 9mm or .380 but a year ago I would have said I'd never pay 70 cents a round for them (including tax and shipping) and now you are lucky to find any for that low of a price.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Was at my lgs today sending off a gun..(!!!) and picked up a box of Hornady 32 Win special marked at $17 bx/20 and a box of 41 mag lsw 50rnds for $28. Both had plenty of dust so old pricing I suspected. Not much else on the shelves. Talk about lean times.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Picked up 2- 50rd boxes of 9mm for $16.00 ea. today. Had to be there when the doors opened and they had a limit of 2 total. Had to send the wife back in to grab a couple of little boxes of 22.
It's a big store so I'm sure there's jerks that keep running back in and going to different checkouts. Then they sell it locally online for 40 - 50 bucks a box. :mad:

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
I'm sitting on a growing gold mine. .223/5.56 for $1.60 per round and I was considering selling maybe a thousand or 2 for a buck a round and feeling bad about gouging. Not any more. Money in the bank for me.

You can buy all the guns you want but, the bottom line is, with nothing to load them with they are only useful as a club, an expensive club......

I won't list what I have, no one's business but suffice to say I'm extremely well provisioned, extremely.

It's going to get even worse the longer Plugs is there, wielding his arbitrary power. You think it was bad during Obozo, better hang on to your shorts.

One thing I don't need is more firearms, hell, I can only shoot one at a time anyway. :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
And going to get even crazier. I'm still not willing to pay over a dollar per round for 9mm or .380 but a year ago I would have said I'd never pay 70 cents a round for them (including tax and shipping) and now you are lucky to find any for that low of a price.
LGS went from 34 cents to 50 cents around the first of the month. I haven't priced it since the change in presidency tho.

·
Registered
21,496 Posts
I will make do with what I have.....about 5 boxes each caliber. But, several thousand .22 LR for my rifle and Ruger pistol. They can price gouge all they want! I refuse to pay those ridiculous prices. After paying $40 for a box of Federal 9mm. 115 gr. JHP "Train and Defend". Hopefully preventing over-penetration of the walls in the condo, and my neighbors' next door.

At least, it should be less penetration than the Winchester 147 gr.JHP. That penetrates 18"....that's (3) 6" walls!!!! Bob

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My original mission at the LGS was to pick up 2 or 3 50cal. ammo cans...Used surplus price $39.95 each! Quess who walked out empty handed. As much as I hate chineseium I will bite the bullet and make a trip to Horrible Freight...

·
Registered
28,221 Posts
Well, I need to diet, so I've got that going for me. :)

$45/50 for 9mm on Wednesday. Just insane. That was Blazer aluminum case stuff... not even brass. :oops:

Someone is buying at those crazy prices, just not me. :cool:
And the more like you who do not, eventually the market will become saturated, folks will slow down buying and supply will be able to take a breath and catch up with demand, exactly how this supply/demand stuff works.

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
My original mission at the LGS was to pick up 2 or 3 50cal. ammo cans...Used surplus price $39.95 each! Quess who walked out empty handed. As much as I hate chineseium I will bite the bullet and make a trip to Horrible Freight...
Never seen any ammunition at Horrible Freight. They sell ammunition? I thought all they sold was stinky tarp straps and half dead batteries,.............. :p
All joking aside, I love Icon tools and the Bauer 20 volt cordless stuff.

Reactions: Charlie686

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
Funny thing is... I don't see any increased activity at the gun ranges. So I guess most of it is going in the safe with the hoarded toilet paper.

John
Dam, hoarding toilet paper in a gun safe.... Interesting. Never a TP shortage here, We have leaves or the local newspaper if times get tough. When I'm out farming and I have to go, I use a farmers squat so no TP needed unless it's a sloppy one.:love:

Reactions: timetripper

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
And the more like you who do not, eventually the market will become saturated, folks will slow down buying and supply will be able to take a breath and catch up with demand, exactly how this supply/demand stuff works.
Unless Plugs cuts it off that is. I'm sure he's considering all options, him and Beto.

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
Just took delivery of another 2000 Hornady SPBT's in .224, direct from the factory with 2 day delivery. Rolled out another 2000 cases already sized and primed and ready to fill, seat and crimp. With prices going the way they are, I could make a ton of cash pretty quick.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Was at my lgs today sending off a gun..(!!!) and picked up a box of Hornady 32 Win special marked at $17 bx/20 and a box of 41 mag lsw 50rnds for $28. Both had plenty of dust so old pricing I suspected. Not much else on the shelves. Talk about lean times.
The Hornady LeverEvolution .32 Spcl has been $27/20 to $32/20 at gun stores for several years - long before the panic.

Remington & Winchester have been similarly priced - the cheapest has been the Federal, normally running 2-3 dollars lower than any of the others.

I see that most of these have been available in the low 20s on-line before the panic started, however.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wal-Mart the other day had 10 boxes of 30-30 for $17.00 a box, that was the only ammo in the store. Another one had a 100 round box and a few 25 round boxes of 28 gauge, no other ammo, and two other Walmarts had no ammo whatsoever. When there are no shotgun shells at Walmart things are bad, times are scary. When they do have any they do not price gouge at all so I give them credit for that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts