Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nieghbor bought a new Steyr semi auto S 9mm . Looks like/ built like a grock with the same type trigger but some strange triangle sights on it. It looks and well built and the trigger seems a bit better than most DA triggers. Wondered why they are not more popular.Anybody have experience with one?

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
This is going to sound silly, but here goes. I don't like the looks of them. It's not a polymer thing as I have no problem with others. I just don't like the design of the frame.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Strange-looking! It looks like a short-handled hammer!

You never know what is great until you try it.... It took me the longest time to warm up to Glocks, and now I am a huge fan of that system.

xtm

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
About 5 years ago, I owned a couple in 40.

They were originally built for the 40 and are like tanks - seriously. You are not going to break that pistol.

The newer models have a standard accessory rail and redesigned trigger guard, sans manual safety I believe.

The only real problem I had was that the web of my hand is so fat (I used to walk away from every IDPA match bleeding like a stuck pig when I was shooting Glocks - which most folks don't understand unless they have fat hands), it became fairly uncomfortable in a session of shooting that was anything over 100 rounds. The tang simply dug into the knuckle of my thumb to bad.

There ain't anything out there with a lower bore axis - even less than a Glock.

The sights are a bit to get used to and I never really warmed up to them, but that's an easy fix - new sights.

They were being blown out for a little over $300.00 and are about one of the best buys out there. There was a time when parts availability was sketchy, but I think that was resolved a few years ago.

If they weren't uncomfortable for me to shoot, I would not hesitate to own one again.

You can find more info here:
http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts