Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Star really had it going on back in the years before they went under thanks to the Spanish Gov't. Saw a few in .45 but never got to shoot one. Big , heavy brute , but very well made and felt good in my hand. Never saw one in 10mm or I probably would have bought it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It`s a bit big for my hand, but my hands are medium size.
The trigger could be better, but I`ve seen a lot of DA/SA pistols that were worse.
Its size and weight tame down the recoil. Never shot one in 45acp. Probably feel like a 9mm.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never seen one in 10 mm before now but have seen more than a few in .45.
I got this one back in the late 90s. A local gun shop had bought up some odds and ends that some distributor was closing out. This was one of them.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
The Star Megastars (.45 ACP and 10mm) weigh in at 49 ounces. :eek:

Why would you want one other than for just the coolness of them?

·
Registered
6,178 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the other end of the spectrum, a Star UltraStar in 9mm. It was another early polymer framed gun but about the best built one available. The frame was reinforced and over built since no one really new about the longevity of polymer frames at the time and honestly mine feels and reacts more like a steel frame than polymer.

My S&W 469 (the original factory compact Wonder Nine) and my Star UltraStar:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Stars are great guns ,,,,Till something breaks.
I know a couple of Star lovers and they all keep a couple of parts guns around.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I owned and carried a Star MegaStar 10mm in their Starvel finish back in the mid-1990s. It was a very soft shooting 10mm. Sorry I sold it when I moved across country.

·
Premium Member
16,930 Posts
It's heavy for a smaller pistol, but it's made to handle the round.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts