Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Mil Spec a few weeks ago. I'm usually quicker at producing pics than this, but I just got around to setting up my light box again. This one didn't turn out so well, but here it is anyway..

By the way, I'm having lots of fun with this pistol. I've put about 250 rounds through her so far.. and nary a hiccup.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Looks too clean to have 250 rounds through it! I think you need to come out and put another 200 + through her.

kfjdrfirii

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, it just so happens I loaded up another 200 rounds this afternoon.. goodidea

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
Carl, that's a great looking 45. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the light box is working out good.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
SA Mil-Spec is probably THE best value in a 1911 out there. Nice piece!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
DaveWW said:
SA Mil-Spec is probably THE best value in a 1911 out there. Nice piece!
That, and the USGI model's. I have one just like her in stainless steel, and she just doesn't know she's a plain jane 1911A1.

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leighton,
Those are some really nice grips! Lookin' good!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Congrats Carl!

That is a nice looking gun. I've heard many a good thing about the mil-spec.

Go Air Force! ;)

Lee

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks leejack.. I can see why there's so many good things being said about them. It's been a great pistol so far!

Go Air Force! :D

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Nice Carl, I need to make a light box,,, before I get a set of stags from Colorado

It is all your fault

·
Registered
723 Posts
Carl, just curious; have you gotten any hammer bite from the milspec? I ask because it's one of the guns on my list.

Have you been back to the range for some more shootin since the last report?

Thanks my friend,

Lee :D

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lee,
No, I haven't. Not one little nibble even..

However, Nframe shot it one time and it bit him.

I think it depends on the person. I don't have problems with hammer bite on any 1911. Some people have to have a beaver tail or they will get bit.

And yes, I've shot it more since the last report. It's sure a lot of fun! Accurate too.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Now that.....is my kind of 1911-A1 pistola! (I do prefer a shorter barrel, though!) :lol: Bob

·
Registered
238 Posts
M1911's don't bite. At least, I've never been bit by one and I have burned many thousands of rounds through them.

I agree that the Milspec is a great value. It has a chamfered mag well, a lowered and angled port, and the 3-dot sights. These can be fairly costly options added to a standard GI model.

Here's my little 'ol Milspec:

I really like the Hogue addition. :)

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dave,
I just wiped it down really well for the pic. Right after that, I took it apart and re lubed everything. I'm probably too picky when it comes to photographing guns.. :eek: :lol:

By the way, I've been using Militec 1 on the rails. From what I've read, people either like the stuff, or they say it's snake oil. I've seen no problems so far..

You have a lot more experience with 1911s than I do. What's your take on it?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
carl418 said:
Lee,
However, Nframe shot it one time and it bit him.

I think it depends on the person. I don't have problems with hammer bite on any 1911. Some people have to have a beaver tail or they will get bit.
Carl, it seems to me that you could buy a Wilson Combat beavertail grip safety and drop it right in. The SS beavertail would look great on that Springfield. And...it's the least you could do for Chris so he could shoot it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
carl418 said:
Dave,
I just wiped it down really well for the pic. Right after that, I took it apart and re lubed everything. I'm probably too picky when it comes to photographing guns.. :eek: :lol:

By the way, I've been using Militec 1 on the rails. From what I've read, people either like the stuff, or they say it's snake oil. I've seen no problems so far..

You have a lot more experience with 1911s than I do. What's your take on it?
Carl, Militec is decent grease. Personally, I use Plastilube. Lasts longer and cuts down galling on the SS more. It's a little slicker than Militec.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts