Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally got a lead on a nice (?) sporterized Mauser in .30-06. It's been a long time desire of mine to get one of these. The guy is a friend that belongs to the gun club. When I mentioned price, he said $225. Knowing him, I know that he owns only premium guns, so I bet it is a beauty! It might have a scope, but I didn't ask. I have no real use for it......maybe black bear hunting. No big deal for me, but, a definite plus, would be a 4x Weaver or other good scope. ;)

I'd like to see the sporterized Mausers you guys have. I'm alittle in the dark here, so, give me some knowledge about them , also. I don't really NEED a shooter like this........but it's hard to resist!!! :twisted:

Kinda funny......I just won a Karma for a book about these. Haven't read it yet. Deja Vu.......I guess. :roll: Bob

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
If I was forced to have just one rifle. I would pick a 30-06 and some of those old sporterized mausers are as good as any.

·
Registered
19,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was under the impression that a few of you guys had some Mauser's. Nobody coming up with any pix? Giz......help me out!!! Don't leave me all alone...... :cry: Bob

·
Registered
19,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Onenut!!! ;) There are some pretty nice looking Mausers out there. The price, however, is out of the ballpark. :eek: Hopefully, I will make out better. A blind squirrel ....... :lol: Bob

·
Registered
19,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saxon Pig, How about a gander at your Mauser(s)? I think you posted them before.......but I can't remember where!!!! :roll: That's the fourth thing to go......when you hit 60!!!!! My teeth, eyesight, and love life leave something to be desired....... But..... I just keep truckin' along!!! ;) Bob

·
Registered
656 Posts
Classic European sporting 98 in 8x57.

One I built using a new commercial action (30-'06).

Variation on a theme based on a Colombian 98 in 30-'06.

·
Registered
19,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SP, All are nice, I'm just hoping that the one I'm going to look at today, is as nice. I don't want no half arsed, fugly rifle!!!! I really don't need this kind of rifle........but it's hard to resist, anyway. :roll: Bob

·
Super Moderator
10,869 Posts
There are more than a couple guns inmy safe that I don't need, Bob. Don't let that get in the way. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Buying a rifle like that is a very good excuse to go elk hunting.If you go elk hunting there fore you need a rifle like that.A good scope , load and proper sight in and it will make short work of UN troops out at 500 yards to.Many of those old mausers were used for just such things.

·
Registered
19,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You make a very good point, but first......you gotta find ammo!!!! :eek: Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts