Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a Sport 2, which is my 1st AR, so I’m new to the AR platform. I want to replace the butt stock. Is the Sport 2 butt stock mil spec? Can I buy just a new mil speck butt stock and slide it on, or do I have to replace the buffer tube & associated parts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations my friend I'm a purist. I believe you should take that gun out and shoot the crap out of it 5High cap mags. Just shoot it first thing you want to replace is heat you up front on the forend cuz them get hot that's the only thing I changed on mine. I shoot Tula 55 grain steel case ammo at 55 yards and can keep about an inch with a red.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
The receiver extension "buffer tube" is milspec. So you can just exchange stocks with any milspec one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations my friend I'm a purist. I believe you should take that gun out and shoot the crap out of it 5High cap mags. Just shoot it first thing you want to replace is heat you up front on the forend cuz them get hot that's the only thing I changed on mine. I shoot Tula 55 grain steel case ammo at 55 yards and can keep about an inch with a red.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts